Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Phone to buy??...

• 08-11-2006 4:40pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Ok Guys, I know it's another "what fone" thread but i'm looking for a bit of advice.

I currently have a K750i and want a change but I am unsure what fone to get.
    I am with Vodafone and due an upgrade but the range of voda fones is quite crap to be honest.
    I was thinking of getting an upgrade and selling it along with my K750i and get a decent fone sim free.

My short list so far (in no particular order) is
    1. SE K800i
    2. SE W850i
    3. Nokia N series
    4. Moto KRXR K1:rolleyes: not sure why really - it's shiny

What I need is Bluetooth/MP3 player/Camera/Decent calendar/memory card

Suggestions welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

mik_da_man wrote:
    Ok Guys, I know it's another "what fone" thread but i'm
    I am with Vodafone and due an upgrade but the range of voda fones is quite crap to be honest.
    I was thinking of getting an upgrade and selling it along with my K750i and get a decent fone sim free.

Voda contract up next month, so I gave them the boot this morning. Sick of waiting for them to release the K800, sick of their 3G service which is barely any faster than 2.5G, and sick of their buggy software. I've had two 3G phones on Voda - 6630 and V3X both had to be reflashed, and when they were they both got slower.

Out of the phones you listed most would probably say get the K800I After having the K750 you probably won't be blown away by it but it's seems to be a solid phone.

Avoid all things Motorola.

N series phones are okay, but they can be a bit on the slow side. IIRC, the W850 was also described as being on the slow side.

Did i mention to avoid all thigns Motorola?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

From reading a few threads it seems like keeping away from a Moto is a goo idea:D

Just I have had nokia 6630/6680 and a few SE/ericsson fones and thought a change would be nice.
    I switched from the 6680 to the K750i mainly because of the 3G rubbish reception.

So it's prob the SE K800 of W850i then.
    The N series Nokias are a runner too but some of them are V Bulky.

I'm just wondering if there are some good fones out there that I am not aware of / didn't consider??:confused:

Advertisement