Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 PES 6 50hz versus 60hz???

Options
  • 08-11-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭

Does anyone notice any real difference between the 50 Hz and 60 Hz version of PES 6 on the PS2??? I keep telling myself 60hz looks better maybe its just the placebo affect - oh 60hz must be better than the measly 50hz Haha!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

60hz doesnt have the black borders top and bottom of the screen where 50hz does?

thats the difference between the two on Smash Court Tennis 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Mossy Monk wrote:
    60hz doesnt have the black borders top and bottom of the screen where 50hz does?

thats the difference between the two on Smash Court Tennis 2

hz in tv's is the refresh rate, it has nothing to do with borders,

if your tv can handle 60 hz refresh rate, then yes the picture may improve marginally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hz in tv's is the refresh rate, it has nothing to do with borders

it is the visual difference i see when playing the game is all. wasnt stating it as being THE difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hz in tv's is the refresh rate, it has nothing to do with borders,

if your tv can handle 60 hz refresh rate, then yes the picture may improve marginally

It does, i hate borders and we get them on every PAL game , NTSC is 60hz use it if your TV can run it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

it is the visual difference i see when playing the game is all. wasnt stating it as being THE difference

no problem, i was just trying to help clarify the hz settings

It does, i hate borders and we get them on every PAL game , NTSC is 60hz use it if your TV can run it.

it may be a by product of how pro evo represents 60hz, but the borders by no mean define 60hz, some tv's are 100hz, they refresh faster meaning less flicker, which is good for people with glasses as people with glasses can sometimes catch flicker on 50hz tv's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

I notice a big difference in the speed of the game, players dont seem to run as fast, turing etc, is a lot slower for me at 50hz, maybe thats because i play on a 100hz tv sometimes. I find the game much easier at 60hz.

Advertisement