Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK car check

Options
  • 08-11-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently looking at an irish reg Audi that was recently imported from the UK, but the service book has gone 'missing'. Is there a way to check to see if the mileage is correct. No orig UK reg, only serial number!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could try contacting HPI in the UK, www.hpi.co.uk. Another idea would be to call Audi UK, they should be able to tell you whether and when the car was serviced within the Audi dealer network. To be perfectly honest, though, I'd just find another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

You could do a HPI check although I don't know if they can go with a serial number. The checks cost about £40

http://www.hpicheck.com/newfrontend/hpi_check.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

I can check for you here now.

The cars been clocked. Probably bought with 120k on it and then sold into ireland with 60-80k for a good few grand profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Ask the seller to show you the V5 certificate.
    The previous owners name and address is on the first page - contact them.

If the seller is unwilling to do this, walk away.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, didnt see that it had already been registered here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

gyppo wrote:
    Ask the seller to show you the V5 certificate.
    The previous owners name and address is on the first page - contact them.

If the seller is unwilling to do this, walk away.
    The car's already been registered here, so the V5 will have been returned to Swansea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anan1 wrote:
    The car's already been registered here, so the V5 will have been returned to Swansea.

The Irish logbook should show the original UK reg. number.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement