Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GFX Trouble

Options
  • 08-11-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

My pc seems messed up
    Its something to with the graphics...not sure if its the graphics card, a loose cable, or the mobo though

When i move the scroller...or a windowed box...its becomes blurry and unreadable..

i.e
    DodgyPic.JPG

I contacted dell yesterday and they talked me through loads of tests, which tested the fans on the PC, the graphics card itself and its settings, and so forth and they all passed

I dont know how to fix it, can anyone suggest anything ?

My graphics drivers are up to date, the cpu detects the GFX card in the pc, i just as if the GFX card aint doin its job or something and its running off internal gfx..not too sure

Heres a pic of Guild Wars..not a high spec game
    GWgfx.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Bad news from what you show it is very likely your graphics card is defective no amount of tweaking or fiddling is going to save it if that's the case :(

I believe your only recourse is if it is still under warrenty contact whomever like Dell or the third party you bought it from and see if it can be replaced.

{I highly doubt any of Dells tests actually test the GPU bar the most basic of checks the probable cause of the problem could be bad RAM on the card hence the visual corruption}

If this card came from Dell back up all your data as they will probably insist that you attempt a factory restore with image they supplied with the machine to rule out software as the cause.

Advertisement