Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with router or me

Options
  • 08-11-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Having waited for 4-5 weeks for BT toi relocate my BB and landline from Dublin to Co. Kildare, if finaly started working today.
    The problem is:
    Netgear DG834G (v2) which worked flawlessly for over a year in Dublin. It is telling me that it is connecting to the network, that the signal is excellent etc but it will not connect to the Internet.
    From the Connection status:
    Connecting to server: Failed
    Negotiation: LCT down
    Authentication: CHAP authentication failed.
    All the settings are as recommended by BT in their letter.
    The LED lights are on as they should be. I have tried both Ethernet and wireless connection but to no avail. I am able to access the interface for the router. I have reset it to factory defaults but again nothing.
    In the meantime the Zyxel Prestige 623R-T1 router supplied a long time ago by BT is working fine.
    BT do not offer tech support for other than Zyxel so I am a little bit lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement