Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Ice

• 08-11-2006 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

No, before I'm shot dead I'm not a fan of his old stuff either, but what does anyone think of this newer stuff? I though Bipolar was rather good, especially the Track Exhale. Very Machine Head, in my opinion.

Thoughts? ("Your a ****ing moron" or similar do not count as opinions :D )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

HavoK wrote:
    Thoughts? ("Your a ****ing moron" or similar do not count as opinions :D )

Yes they do. :D

Still, seeing as you admit to liking Coal Chamber, I'd say you've probably got the single worst taste in music on these boards.

Anyway, I've not heard the newer Vanilla Ice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ha. Coal Chamber are....interesting. Not a big fan of the vocals but I really like the music...

Anyway, back to Van Winkle, you should listen to some of the newer stuff. It might not blow you away as music, but as about a total change in direction as you could get it.

When I first heard it, I would have bet my life savings that it wasn't Vanilla Ice; in fact, when I first got it, it did credit "Vanillia Ice" on the tags, and I just instantly thought somebody had been renaming files for the hell of it...I was still positive it was definately not Vanilla Ice.

One of his more recents: Too Cold

I like this one alot, actually. Exhale is much heavier if thats any indication, but I can't find a link to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Still, seeing as you admit to liking Coal Chamber, I'd say you've probably got the single worst taste in music on these boards.

I agree with this guy !

HavoK wrote:
    One of his more recents: Too Cold

I like this one alot, actually. Exhale is much heavier if thats any indication, but I can't find a link to it.

Wow that was bollocks.

• Advertisement

Exhale

This is my favourite one, and alot better then the above example.

You got to admit though, you'd swear blind this wasn't Vanilla Ice.

See what you make of this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

It's just taking ice ice baby and putting some crappy distorted riff over it.

He's just as pathetic now, if not more so.

HavoK wrote:
    Exhale

This is my favourite one, and alot better then the above example.

You got to admit though, you'd swear blind this wasn't Vanilla Ice.

See what you make of this one...

Sorry but that is absolute garbage of the highest degree. The aural correlation of anal vomitting, to put it mildly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

I prefer his old stuff...that **** was fly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Sorry but that is absolute garbage of the highest degree. The aural correlation of anal vomitting, to put it mildly.
    What he said*

*I am ashamed that I even listened

• Advertisement

Guess I should be ashamed of myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Be ashamed of Mr Ice. He's the one who led you down this broken path....

HavoK wrote:
    Guess I should be ashamed of myself...

Naw, don't be. If you like listening to something, don't let anyone else's opinion sway you. Lots of people think Steve Vai is terrible, but I love the man's music.

Still, just be prepared for the worst when you ask someone else's thoughts on a particular subject. :)

Advertisement