Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most underused forms of transport in gaming...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Rhyme wrote:

A definite influx of magic carpets are also needed.

yeah i can only think of three games that have had magic carpets in them [magic carpet 1&2, and Aladdin on the MegaDrive].

Also, what about space hoppers? have they ever been used in games, and if not, why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Was Worms the only series to use flying sheep?

[edit] And how could I forget ninja rope...genius :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We already had wheelchairs in Killer 7 and couldn't you ride a dolphin in Wave Race 64?

I heard a rumour (in my head) that the next GTA will have Heeley shoes, you know the ones with the wheels in the shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

There's an 'on top of the train' level in Broken Sword 2
    and you can drive a forklift in The Getaway

Del

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, as for the space hoppers, you did have a springy spring in the great game "Thing on a Spring" for my trusty C64, not to mention the character heels provided fast locomotion for head in the gam Head over Heels on my speccy.
    Snot powered flight in EarthWorm Jim was a fairly rare development.

And Retrogamer, if you can get Heelys into the next GTA I insist on a minigame involving snakepits and sniper rifles.

How about a fighting game featuring farm machinery? Punching someone so they fly feet first into a baler! Or get their aran sweater caught on a tractors PTO shaft, he he he....

• Advertisement
Advertisement