Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista just rtm'd

• 08-11-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Said I would post here over all the G80 excitement and DX10. And maybe this has been posted already, but Vista RTM'd at around 7.30 this evening. OEM's are pulling the code across now :)

RTS for volume customers is 1st December now, with the general public getting it on the 30th Jan. But if any OEM releases Vista between now and end Jan which is very likely, then all OEM's will break the embargo and ship. So I would not be surprised if Vista in fact shipped this month!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

wont go near vista for a while or maby a dual boot /hmm

vista will defo be as buggy as a dead cow!!!!!

god im bad at this:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

vista will defo be as buggy as a dead cow!!!!!

Hehe, or parasitic :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have they started on SP1 yet ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Have they started on SP1 yet ? :p

hahaha good point, that is why when it will become usuable to a small degree :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

So with all the smart comments, have any of you actually used Vista RC1 or RC2 to any degree at all ?

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote:
    So with all the smart comments, have any of you actually used Vista RC1 or RC2 to any degree at all ?

nope... and i dont plan on using it until the full release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Been using Vista for a month now
    RC2 Version and Ive had no problem at all!

I agree. RC2 is in a lot healthier condition then XP RC1/RC2. And plays games quite decently too. The RTM code (which is the final release code for those that are wondering) is even better again. Pity unless you are on MSDN (due out Friday I believe) will have to wait until the 30th Jan. to install it. I guess it's not essential yet. Still prefer OSX myself.

Flaccus wrote:
    I agree. RC2 is in a lot healthier condition then XP RC1/RC2. And plays games quite decently too. The RTM code (which is the final release code for those that are wondering) is even better again. Pity unless you are on MSDN (due out Friday I believe) will have to wait until the 30th Jan. to install it. I guess it's not essential yet. Still prefer OSX myself.

hmm might be able to get a copy in work as we will be testing our products on it, woo hoo, then il try it out :D

try not to get yourself sacked. MS are very sticky on this. There are currently no PID codes so you will only have 30 days after an install. If you do get a PID code, it will more then likely be linked to your Company and will require validation online. I know of one person who installed XP prior to launch and got the boot from where he works. Personally I would not risk it and am only using Vista RTM code in a testing capacity at work.

<edit>Of course if you have an MSDN license which your company pay shedloads for, it's a different matter entirely</edit>

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote:
    try not to get yourself sacked. MS are very sticky on this. There are currently no PID codes so you will only have 30 days after an install. If you do get a PID code, it will more then likely be linked to your Company and will require validation online. I know of one person who installed XP prior to launch and got the boot from where he works. Personall I would not risk it and am only using Vista RTM code in a testing capacity at work.

well thats what i meant, id test it in work, hell i wont put it near my home pc, wouldnt trust a new M$ OS on my bad boy at home ;)

think we were told to test our new builds on vista machines to see if there were any issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Got an invitation to the Irish launch in december, they're giving free Vista home edition licences to attendees \o/
    Wonder if they'll be usable before January.

They don't mention if its basic or premium though.

Advertisement