Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terrible lag

Options
  • 08-11-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

is anyone suffering from the horrible lag online at the moment

when i play something i get a full half where i press a button and 2 seconds later it does the action.

also ive had games where the game seems to stall, then fast forwards for around 5 seconds, and i find the ball in the back of my net

ive lost at least 6 to 7 games in the last few nights on these issue's alone

its getting annoying, im loosing matches to stupid goals that shouldnt have happened

somebody comfort me and tell me its not just me getting these issue's

i got promoted to division 2, but after last nights fiasco, i reckon i'll be back to 3A

also kajcl , any way for you to get me accepted onto the boards group? ive applied but i reckon its just sitting in a queue that doesnt lead to you, im guess server issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i had a game a while ago awfully lagged , talkin about 4 seconds of delay.
    obviously my opponent had some fun but i just disconnected because it was ridicolous and no way i was gonna give him that satisfaction :cool:
    its one of those things which drives me mad:D
    but im talkin about 1 game out of 10 so im thinkin thats it was the guy causin it not the server.

how ofter do u reboot ur router -modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

play people you trust, or at least play people with 2 bars connection.

I played 5 games against my mate in england last night, and there was no lag (well a tiny bit) ... but it didnt spoil it. also make sure you are not lagging the other person, by stopping all downloads on your pc. if he thinks you have lagged him on purpose, then he'll probably do the same back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

peepingtom wrote:
    play people you trust, or at least play people with 2 bars connection.

Are these bars on the pc version or xbox version... or both? I play on the xbox 360 and I've never noticed these bars. Is there any way of checking what how strong your own connection is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

when you go into a room, there is a box on the left of the other players username .... i only have the ps2 version, but i believe its the same for all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i normally play iwth no other pc on the net, and i restart my router most nights now a days

• Advertisement
Advertisement