Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Pear restaurant

Options
  • 08-11-2006 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Went down to the restaurant in the Happy Pear for lunch for the first time this week. Unfortunately, because I really like the guys who run it and the smoothies are fab, it was quite disappointing.

It cost 22 euro for two main courses and two bottles of kombucha. The food was quite bland and only luke warm, plus the room had loads of crumbs on the table, empty glasses etc. Anyone else been down, did we just get them on a bad day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

yowza thats dissapointing! they are normally great. really cosy and welcoming, and jose the waiter is just a joy knows everyone by name if theyve been there even twice! It has been said that the pair are getting less happy as the 9 to 5 grinds them down, lol. I think on the whole u got em on a bad day, tho. give em another try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Grovey

i like my meat and they dont have meat but they have good soup and bread and i like the place and the juices and they are very frendily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Yeah the guy are very earthy it has to be said - maybe a little bit of meat wouldnt go astray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gingerpixel

I would say you caught them on a bad day, I'm a regular Happy Pear patron because the atmosphere is fab and usually the food is delicious.

You should give the Tapas night a go...Friday or Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

I've known the two a while so maybe I'm been a bit biased but anytime I go in there the service is fantastic. I like the whole "tree hugging" type buzz going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

I've known the two a while so maybe I'm been a bit biased but anytime I go in there the service is fantastic. I like the whole "tree hugging" type buzz going on there.

"Tree hugging"............ are these not the type of people the ones that caused havoc at Glen of the Downs when they simply wanted to just widen the road?

i would say they probably were good naturedly but whole heartedly opposed. for fun one day you could go along and say, 'ooh, cant wait for the new harbour!' or, 'ooh did u hear about the lifey valley size shopping centre at charlesland? cant wait!'

If any of them r listening, i'm joking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

No when they were looking to widen the road, there were no locals protesting. A bit of Tree hugging is good for you otherwise we'll end up with a McDonalds in every corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

No when they were looking to widen the road, there were no locals protesting. A bit of Tree hugging is good for you otherwise we'll end up with a McDonalds in every corner.

Which corner? There is a McDonalds in Bray (yes Wicklow) already.

Tree huggers prevent progress, I don't think the guys in Happy Pear would be very happy with what you are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

define progress?
    widening a road to increase the speed and volume of traffic to facilitate badly/barely planned expansion into the north of the garden county while doing precious little to upgrade the ancilliary road systems?
    Tree hugging may heighten awareness of enviromental issues surrounding such major infrastructural projects,but if you want to be honest about it,it's myopic planning,incompetence and greed that are truly prevent progress.
    Sorry off topic I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Sorry off topic I know.

How did this topic go from being about a coffee shop to being about development?

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but a banning is in order for the next person to go off-topic.

*please dont ban me:(*
    the coffee shop in question are very up on these issues, and avid good-natured campaigners on all eco and develpment issues related to the wider Greystones area in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

mcgiggy wrote: »
    Yeah the guy are very earthy it has to be said - maybe a little bit of meat wouldnt go astray

Then it would no longer be a vegetarian restaurant - missing the point much??

M

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

MrsA wrote: »
    Then it would no longer be a vegetarian restaurant - missing the point much??

M

Funny thing is, they consciously don't market it as a vegetarian restaurant, even if it is one. That was a good move on their part, to avoid any baggage that comes with that and just be a restaurant with its own unique menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

Would have to agree with the OP - it can be a bit dirty at times.... I've often sat at crumby tables - they just need to have a dedicated table wiper.

The seats upstairs are hard on yer bum; the thin cushions don't help.

I like the place but always prefered Escape in Bray for veg food. It can be quite bland in the HP.

It's a great brand they have.... certainly suits The Stones.

Advertisement