Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get quails in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-11-2006 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

A cat recently took the life of one of our button quail and we have been having trouble sourcing more. Does anybody know where we might be able to pick up a few new friends as the places we previously bought from/checked have ceased to sell them, do not sell them or just use them for "display".

We are located in Dublin but make regular enough trips to Carlow, Tipperary and Cork so anywhere in the Leinster/Munster area should suit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

There is one place I know that sells them but the cages are in bad condition and birds they sell are often very sickly and missing patches of feathers. The Newlands Garden Centre has a lot of animals they are in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Nala wrote:
    There is one place I know that sells them but the cages are in bad condition and birds they sell are often very sickly and missing patches of feathers. The Newlands Garden Centre has a lot of animals they are in Clondalkin.

I presume you reported them? Has nothing been done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Nala wrote:
    The Newlands Garden Centre has a lot of animals they are in Clondalkin.

Cheers, will give them a ring or call out later, more suggestions welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

eth0_ wrote:
    I presume you reported them? Has nothing been done?

I did and was told it would be looked into.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

There was someone in Ashbrook Pets outside Ashbourne yesterday who said she bred finches and quails. You might be able to get some there soon?

I think the owner is registered as Carwash_2006 on here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement