Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC For Music Creation

• 08-11-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

basically i'm looking for the ideal setup for music creation driven pc, hardware wise.

most of pc i have figured out, like the sound card and processor, the mobo will depend on the case i assume.

i just need help with the case, the sound card will have a front mount. i need a case that will be very quiet and very cool (temp. wise :rolleyes: )

i cant seem to find any site that gives a list of the best pc cases for music creation.

can any body help? or is there such a case??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

i think i just found it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will you be using mics or is it all 'internal' music creation.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Be sure to read a review before parting with any cash as it is possible to silence a system without having to resort to such a case though it does make things somewhat easier.

Be aware as well that you will be limited to certain hardware because of the passive cooling in the case.

{At the moment Zalman's site is off-line for some reason cant get to it but they have a compatibility list on it.

just read that bittech review, no front mount sound card possible!! screw that!!

mike65, yes guitars and mic's will be in use

If you want it totally silent with some sort of high performance CPU (that a passive cooler cannot satisfy) like the Core 2 CPU's then a water cooling Zalman Reserator 2 is probably the best bet as it has no active fan.

You can find plenty of reviews all generally positive and can get them on Quiet PC or OcUK

Some temps of a Core 2 E6700 with the Reserator 2.

• Advertisement

i have been told that water cooling systems can be high maintance, is this true? that reserator 2 seem pretty good, but its like having a two pcs! space is of a premium for me.

with the reserator 2, do i have no remove all fans from the pc? will it cool everything on its own?

In terms of maintenance you will have to change the water about once a year that's how long Zalman say their anti-corrosion additive you mix into distilled water lasts.

The unit isn't as big as a full sized PC take a look at this shot as you can see if should stand next to or on top of a PC.

With the reserator 2 you can cool the CPU & optionally the chipset + GPU but either of those two can get by on passive cooling though if you ever plan to get a high end GPU then it would be a good idea to plug in the GPU module of the reserator 2 if the GPU uses an active fan based cooling system. Everything else doesn't need an active fan so that's all there is to it really, if you are concerned about the PSU Quiet PC have some semi fan less versions plus some exotic fan temp controlled on demand units.

Advertisement