Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying .fr, .de and .it domains, is it easier than buying .ie's ?

Options
  • 09-11-2006 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A client wants to buy all the above extensions for his domain. Can someone tell me where is a good site to do it and is it quite straight forward ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i know blacknight.ie do a lot of regional tlds. You would have contact their support team to get quotes though as they don't have a domain searcher for .fr .de or .it

i bought a .it domain last year and it took a bit of processing, about 8 or 9 days in total. I went with a company called Astradomain (i think that was the name) horrible people. I found out later that blacknight could have registered the domain for something like 30euro cheaper than what Astradomain did it for.

Whatever hosting company you're going to go with make sure the domains are in your name and not in the hosting companies name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

.de and .it are not restricted, but .fr is.
    For .fr you would need to have either a European trademark, a business in France or some other connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I have never bought a continental name, but I know that .de is very easy to get, as with .it.... .de is the easiest to buy...

Blacknight?... Do they independantly review each request for a somain to make sure it complies or whats the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

nevf wrote:
    Blacknight?... Do they independantly review each request for a somain to make sure it complies or whats the law?
    With which ccTLD?

Advertisement