Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Did My Post Go??????

Options
  • 09-11-2006 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I had a brilliant, witty, long post written out, a classic, and its gone! I went to submit, and it told me to re-log-in, and then it said invalid thread, so I backed up and.....blank. Is there anyway that I can fetch this back, or stop it happening again? I am so annoyed.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sorry, but you have lost at the internet. Please try again.

I'm pretty sure it's gone for good. Maybe you could check your cookies/temp files though, just in case.

Damn it! Alt+s doesn't work with FF 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because the quick reply is based on Javascript, it reloads the contents of the Quick Reply pane every time the page is loaded. In this case you hit back, and the pane refreshed itself, removing your contents.

It's gone.

Moral of the story: Use the normal "Post Reply" button to do a big long post, or hit "Go Advanced" when you realise you've started going on a rant. I've learned that one a few times myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Thanks for the replies. I was actually using the Post Reply button. I think that I knew that it was gone, but I didn't want to admit it.

Advertisement