Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuisine De France At Home

• 09-11-2006 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

When cooking the baguettes to eat immediately, what is the best way to do it?

15-20 mins at 160-170 and the inside doesn't cook properly.

30-35 mins at 140 and the whole things just breaks into a million pieces, and is impossible to cut open.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I do the baguettes for about 8 minutes at 180 then leave a few minutes to cool off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

semi-cooked dough baguettes in vacuum packs usually have something like 12- 15 mins at 180 on them. Make sure you sprinkle with water before placing in a pre-heated oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think my fan oven speeds it up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

I wonder if they've changed the recipe or something because any time I've tried then again recently they've been terrible.

They used to be quite good but now the crust just shatters and the inside is a bit weird... a bit like a Wispa bar! Nothing like french bread. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Following this thread, last night I went with

-pre heat fan oven to 180
    -cook for 12 mins, turning once
    -leave for 10 mins after cooking, before cutting and adding filling

and it was fine.

For the record, my filling is chicken, grated cheese, lettuce, Encona original west Indian hot pepper sauce, and a little Dunnes Stores french dressing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement