Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help as regards price of a shed

Options
  • 09-11-2006 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a shed built in my back garden . Nothing special , just a block shed (6 x8) with a door and one window.A friend has given me a price of E900 for labour , materials not included. Its a bit of a limited time offer and I have make my mind up by friday. I wont have time to get any other quotes before then . E900 sounds like a good bit to me for labour alone but I really know nothing about these things . I dont think my friend would do me over here but I was wondering if this strikes people as a reasonable price ? I know this isn't the smartest way to be going about this but I really would be grateful for any opinions at all. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

6 x 8 metres??

I've been pricing 6x9m 9'' cavity shed.. blocks will cost around 1000 quid. founds will set you back around 800 quid including re-enforcing steel & a full solid floor & founds.

I reckon 900 quid to lay around 900 - 1000 blocks ain't bad at all.. if i have it correct that is.. also you benefit by a friend doing it.. small jobs tend to be dragged out by builders.. they'll turn up one week and not bother coming back for 3 wks etc ..

what sort of roof are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Any chance this is a 6ft by 8ft shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yes ,its a 6ft x 8ft typical garden shed Salmon. I should have stressed that. Its just somewhere to put a lawnmower and assorted stuff I dont want cluttering up the house.There are 240 blocks involved and they will lay the foundations for it and it will be plastered and roofed for E1000 . It'll be considerably smaller than what you're looking for Stifz but thanks for your answer . If you think 1000 is reasonable for something 4 times bigger than what I'm paying for does that mean I'm being WAY over priced here ? Thanks for any opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Chilly:

Why not a timber shed? You'd get one for less than €900 (never mind how much you'd be spending on materials) & no real waiting time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Or how about a shed from shannette sheds in Kilbeggan Im sure they deliver. Pretty decent sheds too. www.shanettesheds.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

atlantic home care have a shed for 299 lids they deliver also, they have dearer ones also worth having a decco i recon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks very much to everyone for your replies. I ruled out a timber shed because of the need to paint it every year. The shanettes look good but because of the layout of my house I think Id need a crane to get it around the back! The plastic one from atlantic homecare looks like an ok alternative but I'm not sure it would be 100% water proof etc. I'm going to go ahead with the concrete block shed. It starts tomorrow . I appreciate everyones suggestions so thanks for making the effort! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Lets know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

the shanette is assembled on site, it comes in pieces not prebuilt.

Advertisement