Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Router Problem, Help Please.

Options
  • 09-11-2006 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Right. I have ADSL with a Zyxel Prestige 600. We've had this BB and PC for about a year and a half. When we first got it we set it up fine and everything worked nicely. Then I got into Bittorrent so I had to do port forwarding, which was very messy and confusing but I sorted it out in the end and solved the NAT problems I was getting with Azureus. Everything worked fine until one day I realised that I was no longer able to open the Zyxel's control browser. Usually you can type 192.168.1.1 into your browser and it will connect with the router (I had to do this to set it up and then again to do the port forwarding) and it opens up a web-style brower that lets you control the settings.

However, recently I reinstalled windows and of course Azureus doesn't work properly because the port forwarding isn't set up, and I can't set it up now because my Zyxel won't talk to me.

The BB works, the modem has the account name and password stored and connects fine, but I just can't open the control browser to set up the port forwarding. I've already set my connection to use a static IP but when I try to connect to the Zyxel it just sits there and nothing happens. And there appears to be no sort of master reset button. Its weird.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Try using telnet to connect to your router. Zxyels have a fairly useable telnet interface. You can configure most options from it. Worst case scenario you should be ablte to do a factory reset on it.

Start->Run->cmd
    telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mega Edit:

Right, I worked it out, telnet worked like a charm, thank you very much. For future reference though, how does one do a factory reset?

Advertisement