Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Council Motions, Mon 13th November 2006

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Hi, Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread but the nearby thread on the mystery tour refunds fiasco should be of relevance to the SU council.

Over 150 refunds have yet to be issued, and it is now over a month since the event was due to take place.:confused:

Can you please read through the latter part of the thread and bring the issue to a head during your next meeting. It has previously been highlighted in the university papers.

Thanks

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sangre wrote:
    Lets try this on a legal point.

Your ability to hold your SU meetins on private property (essentially) is permissible because you have an express (or implied) license to hold the meeting in the room from UCD. (A license is basiclly an agreement that makes something legal that otherwise would be trespass).

No doubt services have express authority from UCD to be able to revoke any licenses on campus (the reason why they can move you or kick you off campus).

Therefore asking services to attend and requesting them to remove someone would not in anyway relate to the SU or its governing rule as UCD had simply revoke its license for a heckler to be present in a certain location. Just because you asked them won't affect it as ultimately services could deny your request. The removal was based on their authority, not yours.

(I really hate hecklers)

Thanks Sangre I'll bring your legal points to the attention of Michael Clark.

Advertisement