Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another cat?

Options
  • 09-11-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

My (house) cat is 3 and lately he's decided that he doesn't want to sleep at night and neither should I - he wants to play instead!!:D Is it too late to get him a playmate? He goes mad if he see another cat on our fence and growls etc so would he just beat a kitten up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Have a look at http://www.kittenadoption.ie/newCat.htm It gives advice on introducing another cat.
    I got a second cat almost a year ago. My resident cat was then 5 and the new cat was 3. My cat was used to another cat who sadly died. I was really careful with their introductin and followed all the advice. Now, almost a year later, there is an easy truce!! They do fight but that's all due to my grumpy 6 year old cat! Even though they fight, they can still spend hours in the same room peacefully!
    When I had my original two cats, their playtime started at my bedtime!! Eventually I decided to completely ignore them when they started charging around and pretended to be asleep! It only took about 5 days and then they got into the routine of going to their beds as soon as I turn off the light! It only took the new cat about three days to get into my routine too.

Advertisement