Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breretons - are they worth using or not?

Options
  • 09-11-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

We are hopefully due to complete on our house very shortly and I was just wondering if we should use our floor voucher as I have heard mixed reports and I am wondering if they are worth the hassle or not. And what are peoples thoughts/experience on Bargaintown - whats the quality like? thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

cuddydale wrote:
    We are hopefully due to complete on our house very shortly and I was just wondering if we should use our floor voucher as I have heard mixed reports and I am wondering if they are worth the hassle or not. And what are peoples thoughts/experience on Bargaintown - whats the quality like? thanks very much
    Brertons offer a good service top quality are nearby if u have problems but a bit pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

We've used Breretons on a number of occasions and they are very good and have done faultless jobs for us.

As Bertie says, they are pricey, but if you're happy with Bargaintown quality feel free to pay Bargaintown prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

I used bargaintown for carpets (wool) and couldn't fault them on the quality. However I think they up their prices to match your voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

mmmm too be honest I havent had a good experiance at all with Breretons. I spent a fortune on Solid wood floors and carpets and the after sales service with them has been appalling!! It has taken me nearly the last 5 months to get someone to come up and check out my floor as the SOLID OAK FLOORS that I got are moving slightly and are raised in different corners of the room. They also fitted the wrong skirting and tries to charge us extra for us and then had the cheek 3 months later to ring us repeatedly asking for money when we paid everything upfront!!!! The Owner David is the only one with his head screwed on and the rest are the most useless dopiest twits I have ever come across so If you are going to go with them ask for David the owner otherwise u will end up demented. And just for your info I was told by a carpenter and floor guy the other day they are waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over priced and you could end up paying double the price if you dont shop around even with the voucher as they build that in to the total cost.

Sorry for my rant but I cant stand bad customer service and they have been the worst!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Thanks Inch - most appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

I had a really good job done on my carpet (and I am demanding!) and a mid quality carpet with underlay fitted at €17.50 per square, but NOT Breretons! It was Bargaintown, and they fitter who was a good bloke, told me that on the last job he did, Breretons priced the same job at hundreds more that Bargaintown. Got all upstairs and the stairs done for €1,000 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

We had an awful time with Brereton's too, so I don't think I could recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

we used carpetright wehn we moved in. absolutely no fault with their service and they kept our carpet when the builderst ook three extra months to complete! their fitters did an excellent job and were very nice. the only problem was that one year on adn the carpet is showing some signs of wear in high use areas. this is most likely down to us not being able to afford anything super dooper, but we thought it would last a bit longer! it's not awful, just not perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

I would agree with Inch contact David I had to deal with him in the end cause we had so many problems with our blinds not the quality but the multiple orders that had to be made as they were incorrect sizes and colour!:mad:

However I would note we had arranged to get the carpets in on the day we exchanged and had to cancel on that morning due to solicitors etc and when we got our keys at 3pm 20mins later Breretons van arrived to see if we were in and they fitted them there and then which was great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

I don't know why people refer to quality when they talk about Bargaintown.
    You can get as good as anywhere else there as long as you're prepared to pay for it. We got nice wool carpets and it was certainly better value than Breretons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

I completely agree with Lin03 - Bargaintown do really cheap carpets 7 euro square yard fitted to really good expensive carpets up to 45 euro square yard fitted. The price goes up depending on the material in the carpets used. What's important is to check the wool content in carpets and make sure something like polyprolene is in there too to ensure durability. If you see something in Brertons that you like, you can ask Bargaintown to try and order it for you and I will guarantee you that's its cheaper. I looked at very similiar carpets - Brertons quoted 2700 and bargaintown quoted us 1750, that's quite a difference. We ordered them on a Sat and got them fitted the following Wed. They did a great job and would recommend them highly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

hey tanith - what was the make of your carpet? looking for some recommendations. breretons did a disastrous job. the carpet turned out to be really bad quality and was so thin you could see the line of the floor boards coming through it! it's down under a year and already knackered. also fitted quite badly and fraying at the door saddles etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

Hey Neets,

I think it was called Phlor - says it was designed by someone. worked out at about €20/21 sq yard fitted - Remember the logo on the front had green on it, will see if I locate the docate tonight to make sure :)

Advertisement