Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I password protect folders?

• 09-11-2006 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I share my pc at home which is a pain when you want some privacy with your files etc. At the moment I password protect any documents I have and store them on a removable drive but this is messy.

I'd like to have a folder on my pc that I could lock and keep out prying eyes.

I googled for some programs and came across two likely candidates: Blowfish Advanced CS and TrueCrypt (both of which are Open Source) but as I've never used anything like this before I'd like your opinions on what you use if anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Folder Lock

Works fine for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Thanks I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I've just been looking for something like this for work as well, we'd like to lock down some folders on a shared drive.
    But, from the demo of Folder Lock, it looks like you can just lock up one particular folder, and put your files in there. I could bend our problem to fot that solution, but I'd be really interested in finding a way to lock several folders at once that are part of our existing shared network - anyone know if that's possible? (we don't have a domain).

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I use TrueCrypt myself. Find it excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Folder Lock lets you chose what folder you want to protect;

Click the 'Browse' button under the 'lock' icon, select 'Lock folders and drivers' and you can then pick what folder you want to protect.

Just tested it myself there. Not sure if the demo version supports it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check for Hide Folders on www.download.com

Advertisement