Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mmmzr.com

Options
  • 09-11-2006 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

i thought i'd ask you guys what you think of it.

mmmzr.com

i think it's a bloody fantastic idea, and the creator is a genius.

the guy, by my calculations, has made over $12k in under a month.

For the past week or so he's suspended activity due to a few fraud attempts so that figure could well rise.

im very interested in this site as i was planning on doing something vaguely similar only with a purposeful content site :rolleyes:

The thing with these sites is that they are one hit wonders and have no long term future because there is no content on them. They get annoying after a while but make the owners thousands...

What stuns me is that they can take off and make money coded in plain html... no automation or fancy scripts... just old fashioned e-mail, payment and manual work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

pyramid scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Damn that's a really nice idea. Simplicity always wins. I can
    see it as a bit of a pyramid scheme alright but damn good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

frost wrote:
    pyramid scheme.

well technically no, and this is the brilliance of it.

you see in a pyramid scheme you invest money in nothing i.e. you don't get a product or service for your investment.

but with this site, you get ad space. So you're basically paying for adspace but with the possibility (not guarantee) that you will double your money.

So it is 100% legal, but of course it is a pyramid scheme in everyone's eyes. That's why the guy is so clever. He can't be stopped or taken to court because at the end of the day, he is selling a product.

What i want to know is what idiots would spend and risk over $4k on a button sized ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

smemon wrote:
    So it's a trapezoid scheme?!

Gordon wrote:
    So it's a trapezoid scheme?!

it's selling ad space :D

there is no losers in reality.. the closest thing to a loser on this is a guy who spends 4k on advertising and gets 0000's of hits in return.

it's evil and very tempting.. but genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

smemon wrote:

you see in a pyramid scheme you invest money in nothing i.e. you don't get a product or service for your investment.

but with this site, you get ad space. So you're basically paying for adspace but with the possibility (not guarantee) that you will double your money.

I think it's in a fuzzy area, here is a snippet of the Wikipedia "Pyramid Scheme" article:
    A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, usually without any product or service being delivered.
    The distinguishing feature of these schemes is the fact that the product being sold has little to no intrinsic value of its own or is sold at a price out of line with its fair market value.

Even the site banner smells of a scam:
    Advertize on mmmzr and get twice your money back
    Not particularly important whether it technically can be called a pyramid.

Out of curiosity I clicked on "Buy" to see what the current price of an ad would be and got this back:
    I'm afraid I'm not accepting any further orders for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Brilliant idea... Definitely something I'd put money on! Be prepared for the possibility of seeing a few poker.ie logo's:D I've emailed him to ask when he'll be accepting orders again anyway so let's wait and see.

Is this DEFINITELY the original one now?

cormie wrote:
    Brilliant idea... Definitely something I'd put money on! Be prepared for the possibility of seeing a few poker.ie logo's:D I've emailed him to ask when he'll be accepting orders again anyway so let's wait and see.

Is this DEFINITELY the original one now?

yes, it's the real macoy.

there's hundreds of copycats.......doubleboost
    pyrad

dont forget this is less than a month old. I predict the copycats will eclipse the milliondollarhomepage copies.

it's too risky now imo to buy an ad... someone needs to pay 16k for an ad in order for you to double your money :rolleyes: not exactly small change to most people.

Advertisement