Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxconn 8800GTS/GTX

Options
  • 09-11-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

With the new 8800GTS/GTX cards coming out I'm trying to get stock for the company I work for. As you can imagine suppliers aren't too sure what their going to have, when they'll have it and how much it's going to be.
    I'm pretty sure however that I'll be able to lay my hands on some Foxconn branded GTS and GTX cards. While essentially each card is more or less the same thing, how do you guys feel about a Foxconn branded card in your machine?
    I'd obviously prefer to stock something like Asus or Gigabyte, but I haven't heard much from our suppliers on these brands, just came across possible availability of the Foxconn cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

all depends on the price, if they can supply them cheaper then komplett are going to be selling their better brands then id take 2 :D
    if it will be the same price or more than better brands are on online stores then no deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I think it might be about €15 more than the version on Komplett, but have to confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

If there motherboards are anything to go buy i would run a mile, we got 5 to test in our systems and had never ending problems with all.

eo980 wrote:
    I think it might be about €15 more than the version on Komplett, but have to confirm this.
    well that wouldnt be too bad then

got any specs on the foxconn versions?? same as te nvidia reference boards?

Gline why are you buying these so soon? Would it not be better to wait for the revised versions early next year? Im told they are changing the manufacturing process from 90nm - 65nm.

• Advertisement

Gline why are you buying these so soon? Would it not be better to wait for the revised versions early next year? Im told they are changing the manufacturing process from 90nm - 65nm.

because i cant wait :P

gline wrote:
    because i cant wait :P

Crumbs man, thats madness, you're paying the rip-off prices for the second grade card :o , re-think for the love of cartman ><.

Crumbs man, thats madness, you're paying the rip-off prices for the second grade card :o , re-think for the love of cartman ><.

yeh i know :( but i am just too impatient, i have a whole box of stuff just ready to be put together and a brand new mobo on the way :(

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/EN-GB/Product/VGACard_list.aspx?Type_ID=en-tt0000001&Series_ID=en-tt0000006&Sign=GeForce+8800+Series

That's the link there gline. So I'm guessing as your your the only one who replied really, I shouldn't get in too many!

eo980 wrote:
    http://www.foxconnchannel.com/EN-GB/Product/VGACard_list.aspx?Type_ID=en-tt0000001&Series_ID=en-tt0000006&Sign=GeForce+8800+Series

That's the link there gline. So I'm guessing as your your the only one who replied really, I shouldn't get in too many!

do these take to pci-e gfx power plugs?? (in the top right of the pic), thanks for the link, same spec as most the other cards out, how long would it take to get in stock?

• Advertisement

Well that's what I'm having trouble determining right now. One supplier told me they were expecting them in stock tomorrow, it would be early next week when I'd have them. Ran this by a second supplier who has Foxconn has their main budget brand and who actually had the manager for Foxconn Europe in with them, and he says there is no way the first supplier would have them until two weeks time.

So sent Supplier A an email and still waiting to hear back. They conveiniantly took them off of their website. But then, he did mention they might have an Asus one availble tomorrow. So in short, I don't know just yet. Waiting to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

"second grade card"...yeah right. I never get tired of these comments. It is his money and he wants the best. Have you seen the image quality...with 1 of these cards you can play Oblivion maxed out at 1920x1200. Other games the same but with 16x AA. You can't do this in quad sli or xfire and get the same playable framerates. With 2 G80's some people on highly overclocked conroes are pulling over 20k in 3dmark 06 if that matters to you. I have my G80 ordered and my Evga mobo. And when I get the money next month I am ordering another one.

Flaccus wrote:
    "second grade card"...yeah right. I never get tired of these comments. It is his money and he wants the best. Have you seen the image quality...with 1 of these cards you can play Oblivion maxed out at 1920x1200. Other games the same but with 16x AA. You can't do this in quad sli or xfire and get the same playable framerates. With 2 G80's some people on highly overclocked conroes are pulling over 20k in 3dmark 06 if that matters to you. I have my G80 ordered and my Evga mobo. And when I get the money next month I am ordering another one.

My point was not that he shouldnt buy the cards, all im saying is buying them now is crazy as gline himself knows. He just has a weakness, you are just tryin to justify the money now ;o. People who buy now want a bigger e-penis, peeps who buy when the cheaper better card come out are just smart. I dont have anything against e-penises, they pave the way for wise purchase choices.

weakness...yeah...I know what you mean....whores to the latest tech.
    wish there was a support group for gline and me :)

Its grand, all the adverts.ie stalkers get your re-sales for half the normal price, you get bummed twice :p .

The term e-penis is misused ALOT....To some people it's a hobby...they enjoy benchmarking, playing the latest games with all the eye candy. Value for money does not enter into it. Then there are those with the e-penis who like to brag about what they got and rub it in. And there are those who are jealous of what others have and like to remind them how sensible they are. Personally I would only advise someone on not buying somehthing if it gave no major performance increase or there was something available as powerful for cheaper (like quad sli v crossfire). But if someone wants the fastest and can afford it or doesn't care about maxing their credit card (me) - then go for it.

Its grand, all the adverts.ie stalkers get your re-sales for half the normal price, you get bummed twice :p .

Makes you feel happy does it. You get pleasure out of reminding me of this. Remind me never to sell you anything..ever :) Alot of stuff I get discounts on to begin with (cpu's, hard drives) so the hurt isn't that bad.

Flaccus wrote:
    The term e-penis is misused ALOT....To some people it's a hobby...they enjoy benchmarking, playing the latest games with all the eye candy. Value for money does not enter into it. Then there are those with the e-penis who like to brag about what they got and rub it in. And there are those who are jealous of what others have and like to remind them how sensible they are. Personally I would only advise someone on not buying somehthing if it gave no major performance increase or there was something available as powerful for cheaper (like quad sli v crossfire). But if someone wants the fastest and can afford it or doesn't care about maxing their credit card (me) - then go for it.

Says the man who has 8800/Nvidia 680 in his sig a week before he gets the goods :p . I would buy now if i had at least 10000 in my account, otherwise i would wait.
    Guess different strokes for different folks, i could care less about eye candy, i just want my CSS running nice and smooth which it does most of the time. Im running at the lowest of the lowest settings and i have a 1800xt 512.

Flaccus wrote:
    Makes you feel happy does it. You get pleasure out of reminding me of this. Remind me never to sell you anything..ever :) Alot of stuff I get discounts on to begin with (cpu's, hard drives) so the hurt isn't that bad.

Haha :D , i'll take at asking price!!

Says the man who has 8800/Nvidia 680 in his sig a week before he gets the goods :p

Yeah...and what of it !! Doesn't mean I am showing off or am overcompensating for anything. Up until recently I never had a sig. I use one now all the time so when posting you don't have to say 'I am running a Core2Duo, 1gig ram etc...'. And I decided to update it with hardware I will have in...let me see...16 hours. So don't be a smartass.

• Advertisement

Bah, i dont really care man, just feckin with ya. Really was just curious as to why gline was doin such a thing since he knows so much about this techno shate.. Seems the addiction is a strong one ^^.

I know dude. No hard feelings.
    Yeah...some people like me are the eptimy of anti-Tyler Durden when it comes to buying stuff we don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

why do u play css on low settings on a x1800xt 512 ,it can play it on full settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Guys put away the handbags .

Endurance Man you may be the voice of reason but people will always be prepared to spend money on the things they love i paid €1000 on an operation for my dog last year.

Flaccus you build computers the rest of us dream of which puts you in a unique position to advise us on how to spend our money (quad core gaming)

awhir wrote:
    why do u play css on low settings on a x1800xt 512 ,it can play it on full settings?

Well two reasons i guess, the main one being that when i play with settings on high online i get this strange freezing thing. I only realised this after i went to midlans lan and suddenly i was running smoothly with everything on high :confused: .
    I would still run on low though, if you are in a firefight with someone and he is getting 50fps and you are getting 100 constant chances are you're gonna kill him first :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Sh!t i so wanna buy this card but im keeping the zip on my handbag till AMD release their DX10 card and ill see what the story is then, keep an eye on my sig for the for sale signs ;)

glad i can help out, hehehe

ah if you want the latest techn you gotta be prepared to spend that is the way it has always been :)

this will be my last build before i emigrate to Aussie ;), that is why i sold off a lot of stuff on adverts to pay for this build :D

also balancing your build is good. ie buy some second hand stuff and some new, works for me :D

Didn't know you were heading off Man, how long are you going for?

eo980 wrote:
    Didn't know you were heading off Man, how long are you going for?

forever hopefully, hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

awhir wrote:

The Source engine loves the cpu not the gpu.

Advertisement