Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options
  • 09-11-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is the o2 website continually down? whats the point in them giving me free texts online if i cant get to the flipping site. they must be causing this themselves to make people text from their phones. its gone beyond the joke now, if our website was having this much trouble someone would certainly be getting the sack.
    think its time to move to meteor and get free texts all the time from my phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Is it just me or is the o2 website continually down? whats the point in them giving me free texts online if i cant get to the flipping site. they must be causing this themselves to make people text from their phones. its gone beyond the joke now, if our website was having this much trouble someone would certainly be getting the sack.
    think its time to move to meteor and get free texts all the time from my phone
    Yeah noticed that... Which means that the AFT has been useless for o2 during the day.. And I text alot internationally..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

I switched to meteor for that very reason. O2 = pile of poo. I was with them/esat for 7 years and like you said, there website has gone beyond a joke so i moved. Even sent them an email or two and they just replyed saying they were working on it. Not hard enough if you ask me. I wonder how many customers they've lost because of it? Anyone else move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Meteor's billing is a catastrophic. I'm also still waiting for them to do something they promised back in January. They have issues where you get double billed. Because you're a pay as you go customer, you probably will never notice. And their customer service is extremely unprofessional. Oh, and no international texts.

That being said, O2 need to seriously fix their web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I heard the revamped website cost them a couple of mill :o

One of the worst sites for usability and uptime that I (try) to use on a regular basis. Has a crap connection speed, is guaranteed to be offline 2-3 times a week and crashes the odd time as well mid text so you dont know if the bloody thing has been sent or not....and the aul reliable, telling you that you have used your monthly text allocation when you havent :mad:

MUCK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Been driving me demented all evening - if i see that bloody 'we have a problem with an upstream server bladiblah proxy 502' message one more time i'm going to scream. Normally it's ok once you get past the initial login but this week i'ts just been absolutely crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Folks, there's a notice on O2's web site again saying it will be going down again from the 11th to the 13th for further upgrades. Sounds like they are getting the (much) overdue message that their web site is ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Folks, there's a notice on O2's web site again saying it will be going down again from the 11th to the 13th for further upgrades. Sounds like they are getting the (much) overdue message that their web site is ****.

They may have heard the message, but after 2 days of unavailability, the website returned today and not only is the messaging system the same, but it is even less reliable than last week, if that is possible.

... this truly is the worst administered and least reliable website that I have ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i duno about that, this site was running a close second a few months ago.

what i did notice the other day, was that the website was down all during work hours 9-6 say and when i got home it worked perfectly from 7 onwards, coincidence, i think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

another gripe i have with o2 at the moment is the 1c weekends for speakeasy customers only, sends out a very clear message that they couldnt give a sh1te about their pay monthly customers!!

pmalone wrote:
    They may have heard the message, but after 2 days of unavailability, the website returned today and not only is the messaging system the same, but it is even less reliable than last week, if that is possible.

... this truly is the worst administered and least reliable website that I have ever used.
    LOL ! TBH...I TOTALLY agree, its a focking joke. I emailed them on friday, they mailed me back at 9am this morning to say "its all fixed now, go ahead and enjoy the upgrade". My bollix. Logged in no bother, tried to use freetext facility and any of the other basic functionality and it just hangs...not once but repeatedley all day every time I tested it. I email them back and tell them its still crap and they reply again around 3pm to tell me theres no issues as they upgraded it. Crikey :o Obviously nobody in o2 uses it nor do the "technical" people constructively communicate with the poor bastads in customer care. They obviously dont want people using their free texts :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I agree on this.

I had an issue of wanting to top up a friend of mine's speakeasy number from my bill during the weekend (as a matter of urgency), however noticed that in calling 1743 the menu had changed and I was promptly transferred to a customer care executive. The rep proceeded to inform me that O2 were undergoing an upgrade at the weekend (Saturday to Monday) and the website amongst other things were offline. I was stunned to be told that they themselves didn't have access and could do NOTHING for customers during the downtime. They couldn't even confirm my identity or handle my query and told me to call back on Monday.

I had issue with this as I point blankly refuse to pay surcharges on top ups and unfortunately don't live in direct proximity to a store who isn't greedy enough to charge for this. I believed, through O2's upgrade, I was being forced to pay out needless monies, regardless of how small. Plus, how many upgrades has that d#mn website undergone and it's still pure crap!!?

I also thought that upgrading an ENTIRE system so much so that any kind of support structure was unavailable to customers for 48 hours was not only an idiotic thing to do but quite anti-customer focused.

I would also guess, although could be wrong, that their systems for signing people onto new contracts and gaining new business was unaffected, but they were unable to accomodate the needs of existing customers. Hrm.

I'm pretty pissed with O2, although the customer care executive I got today (who had no idea of the upgrade over the weekend period (I'm pleased to see information is channelled amongst departments in O2 in an excellent fashion and that communication is superb in a telecommunications company *rolls eyes*)) was extremely helpful and did an excellent job of lowering my frustration levels.

O2 seriously need to cop the f#ck on!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If your not happy then why not vote with your feet?
    enough people do it and they'll get their act together

Cabaal wrote:
    If your not happy then why not vote with your feet?
    enough people do it and they'll get their act together

That's true, however what's the alternative ... Meteor, 3 or dare I say it ... Vodafone!? In short, in my experience, O2 are the best of the bunch. Vodafone are, are one can guess, in my most humble opinion, by far the worst!!

I switched to meteor for that very reason. O2 = pile of poo. I was with them/esat for 7 years and like you said, there website has gone beyond a joke so i moved. Even sent them an email or two and they just replyed saying they were working on it. Not hard enough if you ask me. I wonder how many customers they've lost because of it? Anyone else move?
    Got the same errors again today...upstream server error...etc etc usual ****e. The ironic thing was I was hours away from being ported to Vodafone.

The amazing thing was within minutes of me leaving o2's network they removed my 02.ie access, probably the only thing that works on the site :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 longbrian1

It's pathetic and has been ever since they revamped the website a few months ago. Latest upgrade has made no difference (might be worse if anything) - what the hell is wrong with them? There should be sackings.
    I have never, ever come across such a crap website. Fray your nerves.

How many people have actually complained about it though?

I did ;)

I complained too. It appears I'm good at that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I sent them a friendly hi.

Message-ID: <455B53A5.5020609@******.*********.ie>
    Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:51:33 +0000
    User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.8 (Windows/20061025)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    To: support@o2.ie
    Subject: Website is a joke
    X-Enigmail-Version: 0.94.1.2
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear o2,

Your website is continually down and takes far too long to load,
    not to mention your frequent gateway and proxy errors.

Further Reading:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055013655

An unhappy o2 customer,
    Rhys Mulryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I have just sent them in a complaint I am also considering moving to a new network. I can't fault 02 in any other department but the website issue is a big one for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I sent them this helpful email about 7 times:
    (They havent replied yet)

I am writing to you with the news that I am delighted, ecstatic, over-the-moon, because I no longer ever, ever have to use your horrendous website. Not ever again. And I truly and honestly am delighted by this.
    For a good 4 fears of having an o2 mobile phone, and an Email account with you, I have suffered through your website (or is it websty?), for the dubious benefits of free email, and free web-texts, and I am writing to tell you that I will no longer deign to use your web portal.
    I know you are a large multi-national company, but I have seen vomit on O' Connell street that is designed better than your truly awful website. I have seen homeless people on heroin, reading the old testament upside-down, who would make better web developers than the ones currently flinging crap at each other in some far-off never visited, hopefully locked office at your company. I hate your website so much that you have not only lost my web business, you will also very soon be losing my billpay business, and that of anyone who asks me, purely because of this service. Doubtless you have already stopped reading this mail, because websites are expensive, and dont make you much money, so you probably dont care, but just for the hell of it I am going to give you just a small selection of the problems I have found with your site since my introduction to it.

When registering my first pre-paid phone. It didnt in fact register, or ever give me any free credit. And when I went back, week after week, to register on your stupid bastard of a site, it told me I had already registered. Even when I rang your very helpful (No sarcasm, theyare very helpful) customer care team, and they passed the problem on to the afore-mentioned low-life web development crew, my problem was never solved. Nobody ever got back to me, and your piss-poor web portal went on as normal. I know the problem was never fixed as a friend of the family had the exact problem not two months ago.
    I have frequently sat down at work to check my email, and typed in www.o2.ie, or web.o2.ie, or whatever URL actually works for your expletive of a site, and waited for internet explorer's little blue bar to fill up, and time out, because your server had crashed, your website was nowhere to be seen for hours on end, or perhaps I was waiting for one of your web team to photograph their privates, or drink water from the urinal. So much so, that in my college days, I remember one particular night of playing a drinking game of trying to down a pint before your website crashes or times out. I suggest your web development team try the same with bleach.
    When I once made the mistake of actually relying on your email service for business reasons, I waited some 7 hours, during which time I rang your customer care team 6 times, who continually informed me that there was no delay and your email server was not in fact down. I sent myself numerous test emails from work. Not one has ever arrived. I only hope that they found a home somewhere.
    I have used your free webSMS service, and I will let you in on a secret, that obviously, your web development monkeys dont know. It doesnt F***ing work. It just doesnt f***ing work. I used it for group sms for my local soccer team for a change in training time. We didnt train that week. I dont know how many people actually got that sms, but I know for a fact that it was less than half. If I had attempted a psychic link to the lads to explain why training had to be moved, rather than your web-sms, it would have fared better. I have also frequently logged in to web-sms, had a look at my phone book, and realised that none of the numbers in the phone book are my own, but some-one elses, who is much more creative with nick-names. Hmmm.. Who needs saved phone numbers anyway?
    Then I tried to use your online shop to buy a phone. I went on there and had a look, and could not for the life of me find one price. Merely a conundrum of links that brought me all over the place, but not to any phone I wanted and not to one actual price, nor to a simple explanation of how it works. Then I requested an upgrade code from the internet for my bonus upgrade. It didnt f***ing work. This sounding familiar? So I rang your still helpful customer care team, and they got me the upgrade code, and I went on to the O2 Online Shop again, ever hopeful, put in my upgrade code, and it didn't work. Couldnt avail of your online offers, couldnt buy a phone online, couldnt even look at a price. Still.
    I have also spent inordinate amounts of time on hold, because apparently I typed in the password for my email account wrong three times so my account got locked out. And some genius on your web design crew decided to lock it out after three wrong log in attempts. So now when your stupid website does not realise that yes, in fact I can remember an 8 digit password and have the mental capacity to type it in, I have to ring one of your still helpful, now long suffering customer care team to unlock it. Frequently the unlock procedure that they use doesnt work, at which point I am too busy foaming at the mouth and punching walls to call in and demand to speak to the defecating monkeys who design your website, in order that I might try to understand the stupidity that goes into such a huge leap forward in the fields of ineptness and uselessness.
    Design wise, I despise it. Anyone who has used an Internet browser invented in the last 3 years hates it. Your de-evolved, quite low in the food chain web team uses pop-ups. Every browser I know uses "Pop up Blockers". Guess why? Because everyone, in the whole web-based universe despises POP UPS!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!! Maybe moving the f*** on from Pop-ups after 5 years might be mentioned to someone on your web development team who might actually be able to read and write. In terms of your interface, I would rather spend my evening having my crack waxed than look for a single specific item on your site. It doesnt work. You click on one link, pop-ups fly, links are pissed up on screen randomly, text and information flies at you from all angles. The style changes on every page making it impossible to intuitively use your site.

Perhaps I am incorrect. Perhaps your website is some sort of satirical post-modern joke. It endeavours to amuse your customers with its unbalanced and ludicrous actions. Its design aimed at tricking the user into a false sense of security and then WHAM, practical joke laid. I dont know. But as a serious user of services such as hotmail, gmail, hushmail, and Quios, I have seen the alternatives, both in other communications companies, who actually took the time to find a web design team who had been introduced to a computer before, and other service providers, and I will never use your website again, and it is a large part of the reason as to why my billpay service will be switching as soon as my contract is up.
    In conclusion, I would ask you to please, please, release your web team back into the wild, because I am personally opposed to all forms of imprisonment of animals. For more information on the rights of yor web team, please get in contact with PETA, and adjust your companies policy accordingly.

I thank you for your time.

• Advertisement

Good e-mail. Quite ...uhm... eloquent!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The O2 website is shockingly slow as of late.
    Really annoying!!!
    Anyone know whats wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I sent them this helpful email about 7 times:
    (They havent replied yet)

I am writing to you with the news that I am delighted, ecstatic, over-the-moon, because I no longer ever, ever have to use your horrendous website. Not ever again. And I truly and honestly am delighted by this.
    For a good 4 fears of having an o2 mobile phone, and an Email account with you, I have suffered through your website (or is it websty?), for the dubious benefits of free email, and free web-texts, and I am writing to tell you that I will no longer deign to use your web portal.
    I know you are a large multi-national company, but I have seen vomit on O' Connell street that is designed better than your truly awful website. I have seen homeless people on heroin, reading the old testament upside-down, who would make better web developers than the ones currently flinging crap at each other in some far-off never visited, hopefully locked office at your company. I hate your website so much that you have not only lost my web business, you will also very soon be losing my billpay business, and that of anyone who asks me, purely because of this service. Doubtless you have already stopped reading this mail, because websites are expensive, and dont make you much money, so you probably dont care, but just for the hell of it I am going to give you just a small selection of the problems I have found with your site since my introduction to it.

When registering my first pre-paid phone. It didnt in fact register, or ever give me any free credit. And when I went back, week after week, to register on your stupid bastard of a site, it told me I had already registered. Even when I rang your very helpful (No sarcasm, theyare very helpful) customer care team, and they passed the problem on to the afore-mentioned low-life web development crew, my problem was never solved. Nobody ever got back to me, and your piss-poor web portal went on as normal. I know the problem was never fixed as a friend of the family had the exact problem not two months ago.
    I have frequently sat down at work to check my email, and typed in www.o2.ie, or web.o2.ie, or whatever URL actually works for your expletive of a site, and waited for internet explorer's little blue bar to fill up, and time out, because your server had crashed, your website was nowhere to be seen for hours on end, or perhaps I was waiting for one of your web team to photograph their privates, or drink water from the urinal. So much so, that in my college days, I remember one particular night of playing a drinking game of trying to down a pint before your website crashes or times out. I suggest your web development team try the same with bleach.
    When I once made the mistake of actually relying on your email service for business reasons, I waited some 7 hours, during which time I rang your customer care team 6 times, who continually informed me that there was no delay and your email server was not in fact down. I sent myself numerous test emails from work. Not one has ever arrived. I only hope that they found a home somewhere.
    I have used your free webSMS service, and I will let you in on a secret, that obviously, your web development monkeys dont know. It doesnt F***ing work. It just doesnt f***ing work. I used it for group sms for my local soccer team for a change in training time. We didnt train that week. I dont know how many people actually got that sms, but I know for a fact that it was less than half. If I had attempted a psychic link to the lads to explain why training had to be moved, rather than your web-sms, it would have fared better. I have also frequently logged in to web-sms, had a look at my phone book, and realised that none of the numbers in the phone book are my own, but some-one elses, who is much more creative with nick-names. Hmmm.. Who needs saved phone numbers anyway?
    Then I tried to use your online shop to buy a phone. I went on there and had a look, and could not for the life of me find one price. Merely a conundrum of links that brought me all over the place, but not to any phone I wanted and not to one actual price, nor to a simple explanation of how it works. Then I requested an upgrade code from the internet for my bonus upgrade. It didnt f***ing work. This sounding familiar? So I rang your still helpful customer care team, and they got me the upgrade code, and I went on to the O2 Online Shop again, ever hopeful, put in my upgrade code, and it didn't work. Couldnt avail of your online offers, couldnt buy a phone online, couldnt even look at a price. Still.
    I have also spent inordinate amounts of time on hold, because apparently I typed in the password for my email account wrong three times so my account got locked out. And some genius on your web design crew decided to lock it out after three wrong log in attempts. So now when your stupid website does not realise that yes, in fact I can remember an 8 digit password and have the mental capacity to type it in, I have to ring one of your still helpful, now long suffering customer care team to unlock it. Frequently the unlock procedure that they use doesnt work, at which point I am too busy foaming at the mouth and punching walls to call in and demand to speak to the defecating monkeys who design your website, in order that I might try to understand the stupidity that goes into such a huge leap forward in the fields of ineptness and uselessness.
    Design wise, I despise it. Anyone who has used an Internet browser invented in the last 3 years hates it. Your de-evolved, quite low in the food chain web team uses pop-ups. Every browser I know uses "Pop up Blockers". Guess why? Because everyone, in the whole web-based universe despises POP UPS!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!! Maybe moving the f*** on from Pop-ups after 5 years might be mentioned to someone on your web development team who might actually be able to read and write. In terms of your interface, I would rather spend my evening having my crack waxed than look for a single specific item on your site. It doesnt work. You click on one link, pop-ups fly, links are pissed up on screen randomly, text and information flies at you from all angles. The style changes on every page making it impossible to intuitively use your site.

Perhaps I am incorrect. Perhaps your website is some sort of satirical post-modern joke. It endeavours to amuse your customers with its unbalanced and ludicrous actions. Its design aimed at tricking the user into a false sense of security and then WHAM, practical joke laid. I dont know. But as a serious user of services such as hotmail, gmail, hushmail, and Quios, I have seen the alternatives, both in other communications companies, who actually took the time to find a web design team who had been introduced to a computer before, and other service providers, and I will never use your website again, and it is a large part of the reason as to why my billpay service will be switching as soon as my contract is up.
    In conclusion, I would ask you to please, please, release your web team back into the wild, because I am personally opposed to all forms of imprisonment of animals. For more information on the rights of yor web team, please get in contact with PETA, and adjust your companies policy accordingly.

That is one of the best emails I have ever read.:D
    Shame that it probably won't have the desired affect!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 longbrian1

i complained today. everyone should, is the only way this website will get sorted out.

rkm wrote:
    I sent them a friendly hi.

Fair play RKM. Hopefully someone with some clout within the company reads it after Dr.Bollocko's masterpiece from earlier this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Yeah i went on today for the first time in ages, set up my email (seems grand) but going through the website itself is terribly slow (even tho i don't have broadband anyway). I couldn't get into the free webtexts section at all!
    I can't believe this is supposed to be the new improved version of the website, it is SO crap......... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Got a call from custumer care yesterday. I told them I couldn't access the website. She unlocked it and I re-registered. Unfortunately when I went to the free webtexts it kept saying the remote server couldn't be accessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Absolutely brilliant mail dr.bollocko, really funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

So what your saying is that you aren't completely happy with the site?:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Brianb8802

I remember one particular night of playing a drinking game of trying to down a pint before your website crashes or times out. I suggest your web development team try the same with bleach.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement