Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Gillie wrote:
    The O2 website is shockingly slow as of late.
    Really annoying!!!
    Anyone know whats wrong?
    They have monkeys writing the web site code and/or are too cheap to pay for proper web hosting hence the proxy errors, WSODs (white screen of death). Whatever server the site is on is probably creaking under the strain of the user base. Boards.ie, Daft and RTE have more users yet don't seem to suffer similar issues.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gillie wrote:
    That is one of the best emails I have ever read.:D
    Shame that it probably won't have the desired affect!:mad:

more paragraphs would make it easier to read, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 the-fallon

I am a bill pay customer with 02 for the last two months. Part of my reason for porting to O2 bill pay from Vodafone prepay was the relatively cheap "Active Life 150" priceplan with 300 mins and 100 texts for 35euro. Ok so that is fine, but my 300 free webtexts have been, well to say the least a disaster. The O2 website is continually down and this is not a new thing. I have noticed from various message boards (dating back to the days of ESATdigifone) that the o2 website is consistantly experiencing problems.

Which is where I think ComReg should step in. Perhaps there is a slight reason to this constant down time when it comes to accessing the My Account option of the website which is where you can view your used monthly minutes/texts and USE YOUR FREE (yes FREE) WEBTEXTS.

However this is not the case, the website is flushed with errors and it is impossible to send a webtext. Surely all these "down times" due to "upgrades" have fixed the problem. No, the only access on the My Account page is the section where you can MAKE A PAYMENT for your bills!

Do you reckon that the constant scurge of webtext being down, is a breach of my contract with O2??????

I think the matter should be investigated further as many of my friends and relatives on prepay o2 have left, whereas I who am a bill payer fixed to a 12month contract am spending a fortune on my texts as I can NEVER access the webtext function on the o2.ie website.

Shower of **%£%"!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Just want to update this thread I received a satisfactory reply from 02 on the website matter this does not mean the issue should not have been resolved sooner but at the moment the website is lightening quick *touch wood* its faster than its been in ages and hopefully it'll stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

yes its very quick the past few days.
    it better stay that way.
    its good the emails had some effect,
    or maybe they just hired better monkeys.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

rkm wrote:
    yes its very quick the past few days.
    it better stay that way.
    its good the emails had some effect,
    or maybe they just hired better monkeys.....

Nope, still the same at 11:07 am. I've been trying to send a text for the past 10 minutes and all I'm getting is the WSOD.

As others have said, if my company's website had this many problems, the whole IT department would be gone by this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

as ive said before, it works outside of office hours, but once 9-5 resumes on a monday morning, the site seems to suffer a mysterious problem once again.
    its obvious that they are ignoring this as it forces people to spend money (on overpriced text messages i might add)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have not been able to access the site for upwards of a week now. Complete and utter joke.

EDIT: I checked again and seems to be working now with some sort strange redirect that requires a manual click in Opera: get a "moved to new location, click here" message. Auto-redirect in Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Have to say since moving over to Vodafone last week its been an utter joy....get this..the free text facility actually works on their website at regular speed just like any other webpage...IMAGINE that an utter novelty for me :eek: o2 obviously havent cracked that simple one yet :o

Everything in terms of their products, calling them and emailing them is miles ahead, cant complain about network coverage yet but so far theres no comparison with them and D'oh2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I fired off an email to O2 support. I'm also sick of their fecking rubbish site.

ambrose :cool:

• Advertisement

Let us know what you get back? In fact if anybody got a daycent reponse maybe they can post it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sizzler wrote:
    Let us know what you get back? In fact if anybody got a daycent reponse maybe they can post it ;)
    02 wrote:
    Dear Rhys

Thank you for your recent communication regarding the performance of the O2 online site. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you as a result of the recent performance issues. We are completely aware of how frustrating it has been for our customers and are currently doing everything in our power to resolve it.

Please be assured that the current problem is not a reoccurrence of the same technical issues that were experienced when we launched our new online site earlier this year. We currently have a team working to resolve the issue as a matter of urgency and we are confident that the performance of our online site will improve in the coming weeks.

Again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. Your patience on this matter and your loyalty to O2 throughout is appreciated.

I hope this is of assistance to you. Thank you for using O2.ie. If you should require further assistance, please call O2.ie Internet Support on 1740 from your o2 mobile (€0.19c per call) or 1850 601740 (Please contact your network provider to query the charges to this number). We are available from 8.00am to 10.00pm seven days a week.

Kind regards,

O2.ie Customer Care,
    Mags

They replied yesterday,
    4 working days response time.

I got word for word the same reply I was giving them credit where credit is due for replying but f**k them now I am so annoyed with I am ringing customer care later and complaining about their crappy site and the stock email response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

you hardly thought someone was actually gona sit down and type a personal response to you? (then again, going by their website, it wouldnt surprise me if they had someone [ie a chimp with one of those cute bow ties] typing the same email over and over again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

rkm wrote:
    They replied yesterday,
    4 working days response time.

I got that copy and paste mail as well.....

you hardly thought someone was actually gona sit down and type a personal response to you? (then again, going by their website, it wouldnt surprise me if they had someone [ie a chimp with one of those cute bow ties] typing the same email over and over again)

Ya I did actually after all they are customer service agents not copy and paste agents this has annoyed me more than the website being down. I can handle the website being ****e once it's being fixed but judging by the email they sent its a fob off from them. Will post later when I ring 02 hopefully I'll get some results

Rang 02 and explained about my frustration didn't threaten to leave the network or anything like that but clearly stated what a ridiculous situation it is and my monthly texts are increasing because of the website being down. So the very nice customer service agent applied 250 free texts to my account for the month so I'm happy enough. I asked her to bring the issue to senior management as the 250 free texts is only a temporary fix for me and it's still annoying for me I can't check my minutes and remaining texts on the site. Once again 02 has shown how good their customer service is hopefully they'll sort out the site ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

The site is up and running now and it actually seems a lot faster.

center15 wrote:
    Rang 02 and explained about my frustration didn't threaten to leave the network or anything like that but clearly stated what a ridiculous situation it is and my monthly texts are increasing because of the website being down. So the very nice customer service agent applied 250 free texts to my account for the month so I'm happy enough. I asked her to bring the issue to senior management as the 250 free texts is only a temporary fix for me and it's still annoying for me I can't check my minutes and remaining texts on the site. Once again 02 has shown how good their customer service is hopefully they'll sort out the site ASAP.
    ...cue thousands of boardsies calling o2 to get their 250 free texts...

blorg wrote:

Proper order in fairness. If they purport to provide a service and cant then they should be compensating no?

• Advertisement

PMSL !! A trunk monkey :D

In fairness, cant blame the poor sods at the coalface for this shambles, obviously the clowns running the "technical" side of things dont have a fookin clue :o They spent millions on making it look good, never actually thought of the functionality lol

O2 "communications"..bit of a misnomer !

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

blorg wrote:

Same here. I called this morning, explained the situation and 250 text messages were credited to my account for an indefinite period of time. I also called for a family member on prepay, explained I had called earlier and was a post pay customer myself, and they credited the prepay number with 100 text messages each month for nine months.

Quite pleased that something was done other than given a load of excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I was thinking about switching back from Meteor to O2 due to frustrations with the limitations of the Meteor free web texts. The basic service works, but there is;

- no facility to send paid texts when you use up your monthly allocation of free texts
    - no facility to schedule texts to be sent a predefined times
    - no facility to send texts to groups of more than 30 members

The Meteor facility has a pretty cumbersome interface, with multiple unnecessary clicks.

But based on the problems reported on this thread, I'm having second thoughts. Was this a one-off problem with O2, or are their ongoing issues?

The problems I had have been ongoing throughout 2006 but gradually got worse from the middle of the June. I found out today that this was when they effected their first major system upgrade. So that explains that :D

The website is quite infuriating, so for the moment, if you do need a reliable web text service, I'd recommend sticking with what you have and wait until O2 get their issues resolved.

Grr... gave it a go this morning but no offer of the old 250 free texts forthcoming. Maybe because I'm a cheap bastard on Speakeasy. She tried to put it down to the fact that I was using Opera/Firefox and denied that anyone else had experienced a problem! Said she had given up on Firefox at home because websites didn't work and told me to use Internet Explorer!

Yep, that was the initial response I got when I rang on behalf of my family member. They said their technical team had received no complaints. Strange considering I called 5 minutes before that concerning my own post pay account and they gladly admitted there was a problem and credited me with 250 text messages. I explained that I had called moments ago for myself and the same technical department had admitted they knew of ongoing problems. She then credited the prepay account with 100 free text messages every month for 9 months.

Cheeky! I was looking forward to my 250/900 free texts!

blorg wrote:
    Cheeky! I was looking forward to my 250/900 free texts!

If I were you, and you were so inclined, I'd call them back and say you are experiencing the same problems as other customers and they are being compensated so why aren't you? Fair treatment and all that jazz. I also mentioned that when signing up as either a post pay customer or prepay customer O2 advertised the incentive of 250 free web text messages with their packages but considering their website is unavailable on a regular basis they are unable to render this service and as such that could be construed as false advertising that might grant customer's sufficient reasons to breach their contracts and move to other networks :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Looks like i spoke too soon earlier. Site is the same mess it always was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I've been using the site a lot in the last month for the free txts. It is infinately better!
    Happy Camper for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement