Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Sizzler wrote:
    As an ex-customer of o2 I can tell you one of the main reasons I churned was the performance of the webtext function and the site as a whole, not because it was saving me money but more so of its convenience when in work etc.
    After 10 years with o2 and no problems whatsoever, I went to Meteor for no other reason than the shambles that is the website. And I have made all those I told go to o2 do the same. Now we all save a fortune as well as having a reliable web txt!

The IT manager/company (I don't know how exactly these things work) responsible should be fired, and nothing short of it. o2 operate in much bigger markets than Ireland, so it's not as if they have no experience in the field.

What I would like Emer to do is to refer this thread and the multiple complaints to some of the heads in o2 Ireland. That would get something done. I know she says they get passed on, and I don't doubt they do (o2 customer care is top notch), but I feel it's a bit hollow as it hasn't got anyone anywhere for over a year now.

I voted with my feet, and would recommend others do so too.
    It really is incredibly easy to switch networks these days, and as I'm pay as you go, I'm not tied to them either if I don't like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sizzler wrote:
    Ah in fairness lads give it a rest, I doubt very much if someone would come on here going to so much effort to defend o2 to such an extent and give out their details if they were not genuine. Take it at face value and if you have something to say that will help them improve the service they offer then Im sure Emer and co will be glad to hear it !
    I'm sorry, but if we're gonna take these comments at face value I'd like some proof. Hell, upload a file to www.o2.ie/boards.txt and put in "I'm real" and that'll be enough.

I'm skeptical, but if this is all genuine then fair play O2 for trying out other mediums for resolving customer issues :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 O2Feedback

Hi All

Its still really dis-appointing to hear about the number of customers that left as a result of the website. I really am sorry to hear it.

Cast-Iron - I should have clarified that when I said I was passing back the feedback that it is indeed to our online team that it has been passed.

As I've said already I really can only apologise for the troubles you have all had and the fact you left the network as a result.

For all those skeptics, yes I work for O2. The reason I came onto boards was very simple, I want to know if someone is having a bad experience with O2.
    You'll often hear that customers who complain to a company are likely to tell 20 of their friends and family. What is less known is that a customer who doesn't complain and just leaves is even more dangerous because we don't even have the opportunity to try and change their experience - they simply leave as many of you have.

A gentleman who was reading boards contacted me yesterday, he was on the verge of leaving the network because of an issue but as soon as I knew about it I could actually do something about it and had his issue fixed in 30 minutes. Its exactly for that reason that I came onto boards.

I totally understand everyone's frustration about the website but as you have seen, while I really want to hear your feedback, I can't change that experience.

What I would really appreciate, is if you have feedback, that you contact me - tell me about your problem. I can't promise that I'll be able to rectify it but I can promise that we'll exhaust all avenues and make every attempt to turn around any negative experience you've had with O2.
    Tell me about the opposite aswell - some of you mentioned how great you think our Customer Care is - did you have a really good experience?
    Sometimes hearing about how we get it right is more useful as hearing about when it went wrong because we can try and replicate the good stuff.

Ciaranfo - you hit the nail on the head what Im trying to do is find other mediums for resolving customer issues!

My email address again is Emer.McGinley@o2.com

Best Rgds
    Emer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

I can confirm that Emer works for O2 and her posts are sincere.

Her email address is genuine, and if you are concerned dial 1909 and ask them, they'll confirm she is an Employee

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Im going as far as saying the only thing preventing me from moving to o2 is the whole webtext issue. Once they have that sorted out and its reliable, ill gladly move back to o2 from Meteor. Your GPRS rates are unbelievably cheap compared to the other networks, and your customer service is great, but whats holding me to Meteor is the cheap text messages with AFT and being able to send them reliably.

How i'd measure reliability is 1 month with no noticable downtime. Once those requirements are met ill gladly go to an o2 store to transfer my number.

While an o2 rep is reading this post, is there any chance you could get the bans on your website removed for killarneyonline.eu and randomprojects.eu (62.214.98.61 and 70.21.56.242). Both of these were hosting gateways to send text messages directly with a program on your PC or from your phone, however o2 managed to block these. I understand o2's point of view in expecting people to go through the hassle of logging in to send a message, however by blocking this you are putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage.

First of all, I have put up another gateway to send these messages easier, however if o2 sends me an email asking me to take it down ill have no regrets in doing so, however at the same time I will still be running a Meteor/Vodafone gateway. This means over a hundred o2 customers wont be able to send text messages using their computer or cheap ones from their phone. If I was in their position, i'd move to a network that still allows this without hassle, while not all of them will move over I can garuntee you you will loose atleast 20-30 paying customers, and that still doesnt count all the future people that might move over to get the free/cheap text messages on their phone.

Remember the people who are involved with AFT (http://aft.donutsoft.net) are not making a cent profit from this, not even through advertising, and the losses o2 occurs from it is minimal.

Please add me at donut (at) donutsoft.net if you have MSN Messenger, and i'd be glad to explain this to you better. This post is kind of rushed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

O2Feedback wrote:
    Hi All

Its still really dis-appointing to hear about the number of customers that left as a result of the website. I really am sorry to hear it.

Cast-Iron - I should have clarified that when I said I was passing back the feedback that it is indeed to our online team that it has been passed.

As I've said already I really can only apologise for the troubles you have all had and the fact you left the network as a result.

For all those skeptics, yes I work for O2. The reason I came onto boards was very simple, I want to know if someone is having a bad experience with O2.
    You'll often hear that customers who complain to a company are likely to tell 20 of their friends and family. What is less known is that a customer who doesn't complain and just leaves is even more dangerous because we don't even have the opportunity to try and change their experience - they simply leave as many of you have.

A gentleman who was reading boards contacted me yesterday, he was on the verge of leaving the network because of an issue but as soon as I knew about it I could actually do something about it and had his issue fixed in 30 minutes. Its exactly for that reason that I came onto boards.

I totally understand everyone's frustration about the website but as you have seen, while I really want to hear your feedback, I can't change that experience.

What I would really appreciate, is if you have feedback, that you contact me - tell me about your problem. I can't promise that I'll be able to rectify it but I can promise that we'll exhaust all avenues and make every attempt to turn around any negative experience you've had with O2.
    Tell me about the opposite aswell - some of you mentioned how great you think our Customer Care is - did you have a really good experience?
    Sometimes hearing about how we get it right is more useful as hearing about when it went wrong because we can try and replicate the good stuff.

Ciaranfo - you hit the nail on the head what Im trying to do is find other mediums for resolving customer issues!

My email address again is Emer.McGinley@o2.com

Best Rgds
    Emer

Well I say good on you Emer and well done on taking the time to post here to try and resolve customer issues.

This AFT programme actually works with my free webtexts!!

Shocked and stunned I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 O2Feedback

Hi Donutface

We'd love to have you back on the network and hope that you decide to come back soon.

Unfortunately I can't address the specific technical points you make below but thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and the points you make below

If you are considering coming back to the network I'd love to hear from directly!

Best Rgds
    Emer

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

i put your email address in my addressbook Emer if I do decide to return. So far you have really impressed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

O2Feedback wrote:
    You see Emer, this is exactly why it's been a problem for so long.

The fact that there is an ongoing (over a year, IMO) problem with the website and customer complaints are only being relayed to those in charge of it - who probably don't need to be told in the first place (I'm sure the software points out where the problems are). This wouldn't lead anyone to believe that the feedback going to them (web dept) will get something done. It's been a year and little has improved, so....

Where this feedback should be going is to a higher level - so the people in the web dept get a little shake up (it's clear to any fool that this needs to be done) and get their skates on. Quite simply, while apologies are great, actions speak much louder that words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

O2.ie as USUAL...
    Service is currently unavailable
    Sorry, the service that you are trying to access is currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Alternatively if you require immediate assistance please contact Customer Care on 1909 (Pay monthly customers) or 1747 (Speak easy customers), or your account manager.

Error reference: 502

What a service... :(

ambrose :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you see the ambrose the system works lol :):)

I have to say that I never have trouble with o2.ie on my Mac using either Safari or Firefox.

Did it ever occur to you that it might not always be the fault of the site? There is a possibility that it may be your Norton or McAfee? (the two most intrusive packages I have ever seen, that spend most of their time frightening the life out of my elderly father, "YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT PROTECTED FROM ONE FAST MOVING VIRUS!!!", the virus they name is about 7 years old!!!!!). I could go on and on about the problems that are caused by these two alone.

Everybody forgets that Auto Updates might cause you new browsing problems and you may not even know the update took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

lfc1892 wrote:
    I have to say that I never have trouble with o2.ie on my Mac using either Safari or Firefox.

Did it ever occur to you that it might not always be the fault of the site? There is a possibility that it may be your Norton or McAfee? (the two most intrusive packages I have ever seen, that spend most of their time frightening the life out of my elderly father, "YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT PROTECTED FROM ONE FAST MOVING VIRUS!!!", the virus they name is about 7 years old!!!!!). I could go on and on about the problems that are caused by these two alone.

Everybody forgets that Auto Updates might cause you new browsing problems and you may not even know the update took place.

it could also be caused by a butterfly flapping its wings too hard on the opposite side of the world but im sure the website support team have tried that excuse already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

lfc1892 wrote:

Oh come on now, we arn't idiots on here. We know this is a server related problem and o2 know it as well.

Just putting it out there, no one else seems to have mentioned it!

Honestly, I speak to IT professionals everyday who tell me they have NO security on their servers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

O2 Website walks into a bar and says, "Give me a beer before problems start!" The site then orders a beer again saying, "Give me a beer before problems start!" The bartender looks confused. This goes on for a while, and after the fifth beer the bartender is totally confused and asks the O2 website "Can I send a text message on you?" The site answers, "Ah, now the problems start!"

A guy walks into a bar, sits down and hears a small voice say, "You look nice today." A few minutes later he again hears a small voice, "That's a nice shirt." The guy asks the bartender, "Who is that?" The bartender says, "Thats the O2 web-texting service. Its complimentary!"

an O2 web designer walks into a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"

A Priest, a prostitute and the o2 website walks into a bar. Barman says "What is this, some sort of joke?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,053 ✭✭✭✭event

iv only ever had one issue with teh site, once my contacts were gone missing. I mailed the support team and it was fixed in 5 minutes. Though there must be serious issues if you are having this much trouble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

lfc1892 wrote:

all well and good possible reasoning except it falls flat on it face when the question is asked:

why does every other site i (and presumably) everyone else views work perfectly fine and not suffer any issues???

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Sorry, the service that you are trying to access is currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Alternatively if you require immediate assistance please contact Customer Care on 1909 (Pay monthly customers) or 1747 (Speak easy customers), or your account manager.

We all get this quite often, this is NOT caused by anything to do with anyone's computer. Its caused by the o2 site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's a problem with O2. As confirmed by everyone here and by O2 themselves!

Seriously...
    Web text is currently unavailable
    Sorry, web text is currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

I don't even use webtexts that often!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Seriously...

I don't even use webtexts that often!

that's what i'm seeing now too. Are o2 actually doing anything about the porblem. At least before it was working i just had to wait 4-5 minutes before the page popped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Edwordo

Error 502

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

Me and my friends (3 other people) webtext won't work!

Anyone else got the same problem?

02 are giving so much hassle.

First their website took about 5 minutes before logging in and now this.

:mad: They should be ashamed of themselves

Rant about your service provider below

Oh joy... they must be finally fixing the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

You obviously havent read this thread then ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055013655&page=6

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It was crap last nite too. Its a novelty now if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i hear you can send texts off mobiles now...should look into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

gucci wrote:
    i hear you can send texts off mobiles now...should look into it

Yeah but they cost money. Its called saving credit...should look into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement