Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Zhane wrote:
    Yeah but they cost money. Its called saving credit...should look into it.

oh yes, i should start a thread on why it costs so much to send texts that should do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

o2 webtext has ALWAYS been flakey. Badly programmed, the developers don't seem to have any love for the thing.

I doubt this is the same for the UK version.

Just to add another voice.. I've been using o2.ie webtext for about two years. It's ALWAYS been flakey for me. The developers don't seem to have any love for the thing.

Sometimes it tells me invalid password. Login timeouts are common. The site looks rubbish in Firefox, unusable.

I can't believe it's been buggy for so long now. Somebody is not doing their job properly in o2 - be it management for not making sure the developers do their job right or whatever, this is unacceptable for a large corporation like o2.

I shouldn't have to cross my fingers everytime I use the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

now you just gota ask yourself does normal service indicate a working service or more of the usual problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

It's provided by a third party isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Isn't this what the mobile forum is for http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=133

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Agreed. Moved to Mobiles/PDAs, OP make a note of the other forums in future please. Mods, this could be merged with the other O2 thread perhaps. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

The o2 Webtext, the whole o2online.ie site is just pants!

When you can get in to webtext though, it usually send them. The old site was worse because you'd send a webtext and it mightn't get delivered for hours (though it would appear to have been sent).

They don't spend money fixing it, because there's no value added for them - it's a free service and they're just being dicks about it.

The slow login / bad getway errors and all that crap were almost enough to make we switch to a competitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Oh joy... they must be finally fixing the website.

They'll never fix it. Not for keeps anyway! :p

They don't spend money fixing it, because there's no value added for them - it's a free service and they are just being dicks about it. The slow login / bad getway errors and all that crap are almost enough to make we switch to a competitor!

Their online store wouldn't exactly make me want to jump in and buy either - not exactly spoiled for choice!

However, the account feature is handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Ok, I'll admit it. From time to time using IE ona PC I get the same errors.

However, I never seem to have any difficulty using Safari or Firefox on a Mac. Theoretically the site isn't supposed to have Mac support but everything works fine. Webtext always opens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Have to agree with this thread. The o2 website, for me at least, has been showing it's "temporary" page for, oh, about 3 months at least:

"Login to My O2 successful You will notice that the page that you normally see when you login has changed. This is purely a temporary measure whilst we continue to enhance the performance of the site. Below is a list of the main online services, with links to help you get there."

Never mind that, but it asks me to change my password waaaaaay too often. Why should I even have to change it? It has to have a mixture of Upper and Lower case, and a mixture of letters and numbers... Complete pain in the ass. Not impressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

CtrlSource wrote:
    They don't spend money fixing it, because there's no value added for them ............ all that crap are almost enough to make we switch to a competitor!

you just disproved your own point , given the posts in this thread o2 has been losing business as a direct result of their website therefore they should invest in fixing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Never mind that, but it asks me to change my password waaaaaay too often.
    Yea, I noticed that. I got around that though.
    It only appears to ask you that on the o2 homepage.
    It never seems to ask when you go to this page https://www.o2online.ie/amserver/UI/Login?org=o2ext

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Havent had that many problems with over the last few weeks using Safari on the MBP. Then again, am not on it often enough to justify the moniker of a "regular user".

I do know that there are a lot of people who have left O2 over the past year and a half or so (me being one of them!) from the web department. Could be just teething.

I personally despise those frickin drop downs, they wreak havoc on my screen. No longer an O2 customer either, so dont have an opinion either way..

Why did I post again?? Ah well, free bump for you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'll be leaving O2 as soon as my contract is up. The website aside, I really think they don't do enough for their Bill Pay customers. No free voicemail, texts or calls. Oh wait, my mistake I get 250 free webtexts... when the website works.

ambrose :cool:

EDIT: My bad! 250 not 300 webtexts.... thank you kind sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'll be leaving O2 as soon as my contract is up. The website aside, I really think they don't do enough for their Bill Pay customers. No free voicemail, texts or calls. Oh wait, my mistake I get 300 free webtexts... when the website works.

ambrose :cool:
    250 webtexts .. but anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The o2 website has been working well for me in the past few weeks, but the advance scheduling of texts is not working at all. It lets me submit texts for advance delivery, but they just site in the 'My schedules' queue for ever - they never get sent.

Eimear - Any suggestions?

Hey Rainy Day,

They are aware of the issue with the scheduled texts.

I would say it is related to a story I heard recently where two people ganged up on someone and scheduled for them to receive texts every hour with some choice messages.

I don't know if this was reported though.

Service is currently unavailable
    Sorry, the service that you are trying to access is currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

This does appear to be "normal" service.

Sorry, the service that you are trying to access is currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

This does appear to be "normal" service.

Aw c'mon, if they are going to fix all the issues that are annoying you, they will have to take the site down to carry out the repairs. Give them a chance. It has been very stable for weeks now.

• Advertisement

I've just been on there, I'm using my Mac over GPRS and it is working fine

Tried again this morning, managed to send one messege but the next one:

Error reference: 502

:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

So I'll leave it for another few weeks and see if it works then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

o2 customers should be asking for the free texts to be credited to their phones at this stage. whats the point in offering you free texts when they are obviously screwing you out of them.
    as for me, im still enjoying my hasslefree meteor webtexts ;)

o2 customers should be asking for the free texts to be credited to their phones at this stage. whats the point in offering you free texts when they are obviously screwing you out of them.
    as for me, im still enjoying my hasslefree meteor webtexts ;)

This is so typical, I'm sure the post was tongue in cheek but demanding financial compensation for something offered to you free is unbelievable.

Free web text is a Value Added Service. It is NOT part of your package and whilst it may not always work, typically Irish, demand compensation.

As a value added service, the service provider is NOT obliged to provide it. They choose to give it to you as a bonus to your normal services. I'm sure that with all the crap that has gone on with it the said Service Provider would prefer not to have it.

As someone else said, yes indeed the service is given to you via a 3rd party, they used to have their name on the site but have since removed it. It used to say, Powered by Zamano, whom you'll find is also the company that provides you with other extra value content such as ringtones, wallpapers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

lfc1892 wrote:
    Free web text is a Value Added Service. It is NOT part of your package and whilst it may not always work, typically Irish, demand compensation.

As a value added service, the service provider is NOT obliged to provide it. They choose to give it to you as a bonus to your normal services. I'm sure that with all the crap that has gone on with it the said Service Provider would prefer not to have it.

I'm sorry but thats a load of crap. I agree that as a V.A.S., they are not obliged to provide the service. However, in documents you receive when you purchase you're new/upgraded phone it states that on the webpage you can avil of 250 free texts a month. By advertising this and not fulfilling it only serves to prove the out-and-out incompetancy of the network.

What I can't understand is that o2 is a leading COMMUNICATIONS firm and yet, unbelievably, they have a inefficient, unstable and unfunctioning website! How can it be that difficult to fix???

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

lfc1892 wrote:
    I've just been on there, I'm using my Mac over GPRS and it is working fine
    Why do you keep pretending this is a pc issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

RainyDay wrote:
    The o2 website has been working well for me in the past few weeks, but the advance scheduling of texts is not working at all. It lets me submit texts for advance delivery, but they just site in the 'My schedules' queue for ever - they never get sent.

Eimear - Any suggestions?
    Just to confirm that having brought the issue of scheduled texts to Emer's attention, she got it sorted within a couple of days. The scheduled texts are working fine now. Thanks Emer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

lfc1892 wrote:
    ...Free web text is a Value Added Service. It is NOT part of your package and whilst it may not always work, typically Irish, demand compensation.

As a value added service, the service provider is NOT obliged to provide it. They choose to give it to you as a bonus to your normal services. I'm sure that with all the crap that has gone on with it the said Service Provider would prefer not to have it....

I don't understand that at all. If O2 advertise it as part of your deal then why would the service provider not be obliged to provide it? I switched to O2 partly because their freewebtext, and also because it was free to the UK. If I'd known webtext hardly ever worked I wouldn't have switched to O2. So its definately misleading to advertise it.

I have since switched to Meteor and their webtext works perfectly. I used to be on Vodafone in the past than their website and webtext was problematic aswell. I Don't understand why they can't fix these issues, unless they really have no will to do so. Which I suspect is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It is obviously a bad program design. They probably didn't do any analysis or anything before they began programming. It must be the most sloppy programming ever. Love to see it.
    It is obviously not bandwidth/server problems as when the site is working it is lightnening fast.

Oh o2, please just stop patching the code, doing work arounds. Get a proper team to start the whole application from ground up.

I am seriously begining to think of porting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

They obviously took your advice Webmonkey. :rolleyes:
    o2.ie is currently unavailable
    We are currently undergoing essential maintenance...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement