Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Webmonkey wrote:
    It is obviously not bandwidth/server problems as when the site is working it is lightnening fast.
    I'm not so sure. It seems to go down most afternoons and early evenings - indicating some sort of peak usage problems.

I've never noticed it down late at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cast_iron wrote:
    I'm not so sure. It seems to go down most afternoons and early evenings - indicating some sort of peak usage problems.

I've never noticed it down late at night.
    It's randomly down at nighttime / in the early hours. "My Account is currently available, operating in loads of countrys Telephonica O2 can't afford to pay a web development team". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

"We are currently undergoing essential maintenance. As part of this maintenance, o2.ie will be unavailable from 8.00pm Saturday 17th, until Sunday afternoon 18th of February. During this time Customer Care will have limited access to their systems and therefore may be unable to assist you."

In fairness it looks like planned downtime for site maintenance/to improve the web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

In fairness it looks like planned downtime for site maintenance/to improve the web site.

How many times have we seen this already? It wasn't that long ago that they done this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

should be interesting to see how the web text's operate when the site is back up and running. I'd almost put money on there being issues again.

Im fed up with the complete service and im defo porting if the webtext issues arn't resolved after this "maintainence".

And for those of you who were saying it was a browser/antuvirus problem: now thats just plain stupid, not everyone else that has been posting on this thread are computer illiterate, its an o2 problem.

For those of you who say o2 arn't obliged to resolve the problem(valued added service): dont be stupid

• Advertisement

What an improvment!
    My O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later.

Alternatively if you have a query about your account, please contact Customer Care or your account manager.

ffs :rolleyes:

Webmonkey wrote:
    What an improvment!

ffs :rolleyes:
    But I bet that error loaded quicker than it has in the past? :D

Haha it did alright! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You are lucky. Over here in England you get no free web text's with 02 or vodaphone etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

lfc1892 wrote:

Free web text is a Value Added Service. It is NOT part of your package and whilst it may not always
    You've your head in the clouds chief. Just because its 'free' (which its not, as you have to be an o2 customer to avail of it) does not allow for shoddy service etc.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote:
    You are lucky. Over here in England you get no free web text's with 02 or vodaphone etc.
    I thought you got 10 with O2? I'm sure someone said that before ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

dal wrote:
    Why do you keep pretending this is a pc issue?

Hmm, cos everytime you complain, I test it and it works. I also use the texts myself quite a lot and the site is one of my primary email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

lfc1892 wrote:
    Hmm, cos everytime you complain, I test it and it works.
    Ah right, so everyone else here and o2 themselves (Emer and Customer Care) are all making it up.

lfc1892 wrote:
    Hmm, cos everytime you complain, I test it and it works. I also use the texts myself quite a lot and the site is one of my primary email addresses.
    Listen to me now, I've being working on computers and software and networking for years now and I do believe I would know if this was a client issue rather than a server one.
    You just get lucky the times you go on it.

I am just getting so sick of o2 now. They better get their act together pretty soon or I am gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

ciaranfo wrote:
    I thought you got 10 with O2? I'm sure someone said that before ..

Thats correct. I am with o2 uk (as well a o2 ireland) and you get 10 free per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

That's scabby of o2 UK.

Is Emer going to kindly update us on what the programmers are doing to fix the probs? I'm a programmer myself so it would be nice to hear some technical details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Is Emer going to kindly update us on what the programmers are doing to fix the probs? I'm a programmer myself so it would be nice to hear some technical details.
    Get real. No company is going to provide details on their internal technical issues. All you can reasonably expect is that they would acknowledge the problems and give you a timescale for resolution.

RainyDay wrote:
    Get real. No company is going to provide details on their internal technical issues. All you can reasonably expect is that they would acknowledge the problems and give you a timescale for resolution.
    True

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

I see on this thread that there is requests for technical details and so on.

Well today is the 12th of March, I think about 2 years after the first post on he poor o2 website and today webtext is down again just like it was last week.

This type of work, no matter if it is hardware or software is what gets software "engineers" a bad name.............simply terrible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Rumours abound that O2 are to announce a large number of redundancies at end of quarter. Could be some cynical push to lower the share price, but could be a sign that their priorities may lie somewhere higher than web texting for the moment.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I must be lucky, I haven't had problems with the o2 website in many months, and I've used it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Only had an error last night. Same error as usual. Service unavailable.

Maybe it is my PC(s) afterall :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Are teh webtexts available to speakeasy customers??? I just moved over to O2 from vodafone. I got 300 free web texts a month on vodafone. I dont think that I am entitiled to any free webtexts because I am on speakeasy . Am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Are teh webtexts available to speakeasy customers??? I just moved over to O2 from vodafone. I got 300 free web texts a month on vodafone. I dont think that I am entitiled to any free webtexts because I am on speakeasy . Am I?

Yes, you are entitled to webtexts as prepay customer.

BTW, about two months ago I wanted to buy SE K800i (contract Online Active Life 150). Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the phone to cart (every time I got a blank page). So I rang them, they have confirmed the problem and told me to try on the next day again... It was two months ago... guess if it works now! :D Of course not! And according to their online shop K800i is the best seller! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Woah, I just tried that phone and package there and I had a completely different problem. Every time I tried it went through the steps fine but at step 4 it claimed a W800i was in my cart. Can anyone else verify this? There doesn't seem any way around it. When I try to replace it says try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

is a nostalgia trip for me - back to the days of dial up.

Will the site load? Who knows. Certainly, it's been working at the speeds of a dying snail the last few days.

Why do I use it you ask? Well, because it is more comfortable than texting. The cost issue doesn't matter to me cos I get those text bundles every month and always have loads left over.

It just makes life easier. It's a good thing to encourage me to stay with o2. Or, it would be if the thing worked. But I have yet to see a 'professional' site, the official site of a communications company no less, be so consistently buggy, slow and down.

<sarcastic clap>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

Dial-up hell is right. I've given up on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

O2 Webtext "service" ....slower than a dying snail....that is, when it is working.

O2 are choosing to ignore this problem at present - I'm not sure why. I presume they know that there is a problem. I suspect that they are unwilling to invest in a service that is percieved as a marketing feature for O2 subscribers as it does not generate any direct revenue.

HOWEVER, they promised O2 customers a service, we subscribed, and now they are not delivering.....

So, what do we do.....I suggest that all frustrated users of O2 Webtext contact customer service and lodge a complaint. Lets start with that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

had enough of o2. Moving to vodafone tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I use o2.ie on 5 or 6 different PCs at varies times of the day. The majority of the times it take over a minute to login and then another minute to load the webtext page

Alot of times I get service unavailable. id say about 1 in 20 time i get logged in straight away and can use the text service straight away.

Rediculous carry on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement