Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I must say I've been very happy with the service. It rarely takes over 10 seconds to load and I never get service unavailable. I remember having problems over a year ago and I had to change my password once but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I must say I've been very happy with the service. It rarely takes over 10 seconds to load and I never get service unavailable. I remember having problems over a year ago and I had to change my password once but that's it.
    Nah you are just lucky. The site is still awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Has the O2 website been down for the past few days.Can't seem to access it at all, just times out after a while. (tried both o2.ie and o2online.ie), seems a bit a of a joke over this time of year. (registering phones, webtext etc...)

Works for me strangely enough

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Darando wrote: »
    Has the O2 website been down for the past few days.Can't seem to access it at all, just times out after a while. (tried both o2.ie and o2online.ie), seems a bit a of a joke over this time of year. (registering phones, webtext etc...)

It has been, but seems to have eased up. Its the time of the year.

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Works for me strangely enough

strange that (unless it was an old cached page or something?)

Have tried on different browser etc but they all time out. And I mean can't even get to the first (main) page.........

Total joke at this stage - about 4 days its been down for me!!!

strange that (unless it was an old cached page or something?)

Have tried on different browser etc but they all time out. And I mean can't even get to the first (main) page.........

Total joke at this stage - about 4 days its been down for me!!!
    Can you even go to the logon page?
    If not try:
    http://62.40.38.146/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/

If so, perhaps you got problems accessing SSL sites, ie https://.

Do you have gmail/yahoo/msn mail? - can you log onto these?

The o2 site is working perfectly for me at the moment. Must be your PC having the issues

EDIT: - what do you see here: https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

You have connected to this web server using the RC4-MD5 encryption cipher with a key length of 128 bits

whisht wrote: »
    You have connected to this web server using the RC4-MD5 encryption cipher with a key length of 128 bits
    You having problems connecting to o2 as well?

Every 2nd click to go to another page gets 404 errors etc and the other day I tried about 10 times to purchase an upgrade online Gave up eventually even though on one go, I got to put in payment details, address and everything and click here to confirm......clicked and as usual, site went again. Its absolutely terrible

• Advertisement

Seems to be a few probs on site now alright, I can't get into web text :( - I confirm - something is up

Can you even go to the logon page?
    If not try:
    http://62.40.38.146/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/

If so, perhaps you got problems accessing SSL sites, ie https://.

Do you have gmail/yahoo/msn mail? - can you log onto these?

The o2 site is working perfectly for me at the moment. Must be your PC having the issues

EDIT: - what do you see here: https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html

Webmonkey getting the same response as Whisht -

"You have connected to this web server using the RC4-MD5 encryption cipher with a key length of 128 bits."

Have no problems getting into gmail, yahoo etc...

the other address with the numbers you posted also fails to connect. so annoying - never mind no webtext can even see the homepage!!!!

Very strange that you can't even get to the site. I don't know, unless its issues with your ISP.
    What are yer ISPs just as a matter of interest

Very strange that you can't even get to the site. I don't know, unless its issues with your ISP.

I'm with Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Yeah im fed up of this ***** with o2.

This was one of the biggest reasons i switched to meteor.

Constant problems with o2's website.

Is it my computer? I don't give a **** if it's my computer as no other website i visit is so poorly designed. How come all the other networks have sites that work for me?

For the past week, i've tried to 'claim credit' and can't... i'm lucky to login. Luckily the phone isn't for me :cool:

I'm with Eircom
    Nah, its the O2 site itself. It was flying there a few months back for once and now its just gone totally crap again.

whisht wrote: »
    Nah, its the O2 site itself.
    Yeah i'll settle for that too, the site is sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i have notice since xmas problems accessing o2 website, i can access other websites no problem, still have problem today...

thinking of changing to another network, with o2 since the beginning of time... but don't know if i should... not just because of website, also because of upgrade as well....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wouldnt say the O2 website is badly designed. Its a lot nicer and much more improved then previous versions. Plus, I was told today that there making a new one. again.

The website was ****e over Christmas, but it seems to have picked up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I was with O2 since '97 until '07 and I have to say that their website was consistently been a dog for that entire period and yes, I know that some of that time it wasn't actually O2 but I'm on a nice rant about this now.

Test messaging was never available when I needed it most, like at weekends - fridays in particular were a constant disaster.

Remember people, this is the company that thought i-mode was the way of the future so with that technical acumen it's hardly surprising that their web development efforts are sub-par.

I'm sure all the good people maintaining applications that let you use their free text service from your desktop or phone will be really delighted to hear another site redesign is on the horizon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

got an email update from this thread i started over a year ago. havent looked back since moving to meteor. in fact, i dont even use meteor's webtexts anymore cos of the free texts to other meteor friends and my bill is always less than it was with o2

still no luck, was on to O2 today and they said it should be working!!! they even logged into my account.

What does the address change to after people type in www.o2.ie
    (does it just go to www.o2online.ie) maybe I can bypass a certain page etc...

Every other website works in the world for me except O2 homepage!!

still no luck, was on to O2 today and they said it should be working!!! they even logged into my account.

What does the address change to after people type in www.o2.ie
    (does it just go to www.o2online.ie) maybe I can bypass a certain page etc...

Every other website works in the world for me except O2 homepage!!
    Can you print out a Trace Route.

Click Start->Run. Type cmd and click ok.
    In the Dos/Black box that appears type tracert www.o2.ie ,press enter and tell us what you see.

Can you print out a Trace Route.

Click Start->Run. Type cmd and click ok.
    In the Dos/Black box that appears type tracert www.o2.ie ,press enter and tell us what you see.

webmonkey, here you go - make what you can out of it!!

Tracing route to www.o2.ie [62.40.39.196]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 20 ms 20 ms 22 ms lns2.net.imagine.ie [87.232.0.25]
    3 21 ms 22 ms 22 ms ve5.core.net.imagine.ie [87.232.0.129]
    4 19 ms 23 ms 22 ms ge0-0.border2.net.imagine.ie [87.232.0.2]
    5 23 ms 21 ms 21 ms ge-2-0-0-207.dub20.ip.tiscali.net [213.200.67.14
    5]
    6 21 ms 21 ms 22 ms o2-communications-gw1.ip.tiscali.net [213.200.67
    .134]
    7 23 ms 25 ms 22 ms davinci-sbif1.portal.o2.ie [62.40.36.27]
    8 24 ms 27 ms 29 ms bla-rtr-02-fa0-1.portal.o2.ie [62.40.37.228]
    9 22 ms 26 ms 23 ms bla-lb-01-13.portal.o2.ie [62.40.37.235]
    10 25 ms 22 ms 23 ms www.o2.ie [62.40.39.196]

Trace complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ciggy

I tried numerous times this morning to get into o2 and no look, keeps asking me for a supid pastword, even though i have given it, sometimes oh i just don't knw:mad:

Very strange, you can get to the host no bother but can't display the webpage. What browser are you using? - Have you tried another one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ciggy wrote: »
    I tried numerous times this morning to get into o2 and no look, keeps asking me for a supid pastword, even though i have given it, sometimes oh i just don't knw:mad:

Do you get to the login page?
    Can you see this page
    https://www.o2online.ie/amserver/UI/Login?org=o2ext

If u can see those pages but cant login,
    Do you have cookies enabled?

Very strange, you can get to the host no bother but can't display the webpage. What browser are you using? - Have you tried another one

tried both IE and Firefox but both just try to connect "connecting..." and then give the usual white screen after about a minute saying "The URL could not be retrieved......Connection to 62.40.38.146 Failed.........The system returned (110) connection timed out......."

Wierd - I don't know really to be honest - unless you got some software like firewall's etc stopping o2.ie for some wierd reason. You can communicate with the actual host that the site is on but cannot retrieve http connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

ive the same issue.. site has been down since Monday. Im guessing they did an "upgrade" over the NY and have messed it up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement