Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website, what a joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Wierd - I don't know really to be honest - unless you got some software like firewall's etc stopping o2.ie for some wierd reason. You can communicate with the actual host that the site is on but cannot retrieve http connections.

Cheers for teh help Webmonkey anyway!

Strangely enough I can access the page that rkm posted, but after trying to log in there it again just times out! I guess its O2 issue!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Thats a HTTPS secured connection, once logged in you go back to normal HTTP. Very strange indeed. Definetely a o2 Issue i would say. They do block IP addresses, maybe they messed the rules up and some people arn't allowed to access. They done it for my o2 texter (signature) but have it released again.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

It came back online there last night about 11, and everything worked !!!! Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Just saw this old thread, the o2 website really is an absolute joke, completely down again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

dartsfan wrote: »
    Just saw this old thread, the o2 website really is an absolute joke, completely down again today.

Absolute piece of shiit alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

The o2 website is completely down again today. New years day, 01/01/2010. Checked at 4pm & 4:25pm.

Not even a landing page to say sorry & tell customers that they are working on it - Utter incompetence, no other words for it.

No WEBTEXT service for customers. We pay for this service & they commit to providing the service in exchange for our prepay or Pay monthly contracts.

On one of the busiest texting days of the year I hope everyone rings O2 to seek a refund for their failure to provide a service they advertised as a "Feature" of the product they provide. Maybe a barrage of official complaint emails to Telefonica HQ might help focus some Corporate HQ attention on the longstanding shortcomings of the O2 Ireland website.

Not a great start to the year for O2.
    Looks like their technical department have some real competence problems. Perhaps they should start speaking to the technical departments in Telefonica/Movistar in Spain or O2 in uk. No competence problems there it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mower

same problem, been trying it all day.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Their site has been down all day. Their data network was down for most of the day too. TThere was an automated message on their 1909 number to say they were working on it.

I scheduled about 30 webtexts last night and i dont think they sent any.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Even the quality of their site is poor, particularly around the web text. When I send messages after my session has expired I never know where it's going to take me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I had scheduled some Happy New Years webtexts for this morning and this afternoon to friends in the UK and US, and it seems they didn't send as I got no replies on my mobile.

Thanks for nothing O2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was going to schedule web texts last night but their phonebook sync service was not working and will remain down until the guy in charge is back working in the next week or so (was reading the o2 Forums). So did it manually. Sent about an hour late but thats nothing new :)

Data came back early afternoon but the website remains down. They have yet to take for last months bill either and I cant pay it with the website down. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

It is unreal that in this day and age the Website of one of the major Mobile-Phone Service providers in Ireland is down yesterday and today for so many hours ???? In fact it is still not running as I write this.
    It is obviously a "DNS error - cannot find server".
    Hopefully they find a really good and reasonable excuse for this outage.
    Customer Care 1909 tells us to look up the Webpage ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I moved over to 02 last month, not impressed with their webtext. Using the service is like trying to type something into a PC that is heavily infected with viruses. it was actually easier to prewrite the text in a word doc and drag / paste. Is this deliberate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

I think it is just trying to get Money from the Users. The old SMS-Service page was simple and fast and had no problems whatsoever.
    The new Service had a lot more problems in the beginning. Now it is working at least. If you use the Sync Service you have to pay, be aware of this fact.
    O2 forgot to tidy up the Security part which is interpreted differently with different browsers. Under certain circumstances you can end up with a lot of funny display problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Really pissed off that they didnt send my scheduled texts. incompetent, unprofessional and little regard for customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I moved over to 02 last month, not impressed with their webtext. Using the service is like trying to type something into a PC that is heavily infected with viruses. it was actually easier to prewrite the text in a word doc and drag / paste. Is this deliberate ?

Use Cabbage instead of the web app. Its much easier and faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

It is unreal that in this day and age the Website of one of the major Mobile-Phone Service providers in Ireland is down yesterday and today for so many hours ???? In fact it is still not running as I write this.
    It is obviously a "DNS error - cannot find server".
    Hopefully they find a really good and reasonable excuse for this outage.
    Customer Care 1909 tells us to look up the Webpage ..........

There will be no reasonable excuse from O2 because this is run-of-the mill stuff from them.
    My experience is that their site goes down regularly about once a month even it is for a short duration expecially the webtext service and a lot of time they are not aware.
    Anytime I rang before they had no idea that the site was down.

At the time of writing this their email service is still down even though the site is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

h2s wrote: »
    There will be no reasonable excuse from O2 because this is run-of-the mill stuff from them.
    My experience is that their site goes down regularly about once a month even it is for a short duration expecially the webtext service and a lot of time they are not aware.
    Anytime I rang before they had no idea that the site was down.

At the time of writing this their email service is still down even though the site is up.

yes still up and down, wasn't working for me 15 min ago but it's now, lets see how long before it goes down again.

O2 site still down for me. Unreal

faceman wrote: »
    O2 site still down for me. Unreal

Looks like o2.ie is down but http://www.o2online.ie is working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

website is up and down..
    but webtexts are still down. they are not being delivered

website is up and down..
    but webtexts are still down. they are not being delivered

I sent 1 to myself and was deliver soon afte sent, maybe to other networks takes longer.

O2 site and web text has never been that reliable. That said I hardly ever look at the site. Use cabbage for web text. What do ye use it for that you need to look at the site so badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Funnily enough the site worked fine for me just before/after midnight on NYE, but seemed to crash overnight. Their special Xmas 'Treats' offer of free iTunes downloads was very hit and miss, working some days not others.

The redesign of the website was dreadful from a usability point of view, with all those useless popups and lots of non-intuitive interactions.

Really is a poor site for a company like O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

If I were consulting O2, I would advise them to investigate the simplicity of many Google services and how this could be applied to their customer portal. While flashy graphics and animations might attract when you are trying to sell something, they tend to simply get in the way and slow things down for customers who want to look at their bill, check their email or send web texts.

I can tell you this much: Gmail wouldn't be as popular as it is today if it looked anything like O2's customer portal.

O2, if you are reading this and would be interested in improving your customer experience, contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

Ye may get the message....its not going to get better....just look at this thread its been running since 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

imagine my shock to get an email update! :)

still with meteor by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Here's what I get when I attempt to access the 'daily treats' via the o2 website today;
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Looks like its down again... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement