Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motley Crue Making Movie

• 09-11-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Vince Neil announced some of the castlist for the movie based around the Crue's autobiography The Dirt, the piece actually appeared on the Entertainment Section of Aertels Service on RTE One.

Christopher Walken is to play Ozzy Osbourne (the Crue toured extensively with Ozzy in 1984, he was one of the first major stars they interacted with on a personal basis, and theres some interesting stories...like Ozzy drinking his own piss by the side of the pool)

Val Kilmer will make a cameo as David Lee Roth (DLR visited the Crue at their infamous house on Sunset Blvd and a huge mirror fell off the wall and onto his back. Shaking it off, he just looked up and asked 'does anyone have more blow?')

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Christopher Walken is so cool! I think he'll make a decent Ozzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

If its done well it would be a great movie. It very likely to be dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

I could almost see Val Kilmer as DLR...but Christopher Walken as Ozzy? he's to old! he's 5 years older than Ozzy as it is now! how's he gonna pull off being him 20 years ago?!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Zillah wrote:
    Christopher Walken is so cool! I think he'll make a decent Ozzy.

Indeed he is, his Saturday Night Live sketches are classic, especially the infamous 'Cowbell' and the 'Census' sketch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I could almost see Val Kilmer as DLR...but Christopher Walken as Ozzy? he's to old! he's 5 years older than Ozzy as it now! how's he gonna pull off being him 20 years ago?!!?
    I Agree, i dont see how they can make him look that young, it baffles the mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

cant ****ing wait for this film!!!!! the dirt is so good, i hope the studio dont fucuk up and cut all the good stuff out, like mick tommy and vince ordering room service through a groupies pussay!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Regarding Ozzy, this is taken from a commerical in 1984 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1wiG19f_IY) and you can admit he looks ok, and he looks to be alert and nothing like what he is today.

This clip however, is older (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhGLwWY4B0) and is taken from about 2 years before that. This was Ozzy on tour, away from Sharon and the kids, this was why Ozzy was fired from Black Sabbath, because of a performance like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sounds cool. There's something to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Regarding Ozzy, this is taken from a commerical in 1984 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1wiG19f_IY) and you can admit he looks ok, and he looks to be alert and nothing like what he is today.

This clip however, is older (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhGLwWY4B0) and is taken from about 2 years before that. This was Ozzy on tour, away from Sharon and the kids, this was why Ozzy was fired from Black Sabbath, because of a performance like this

Whats that got to do with anything? that Paranoid video wasn't too bad really, welll...by Ozzy Osbourne standards...and i ****in loved the solo. Theres no way he was singing live, it was too clear and processed, and Ozzy isn't a good singer anyway let alone when he's off his face, and anyway, his mouth and the vocals don't sync up at all, whereas everything else does, guitars, the lights, Ozzy's arm motions.

Sure, if they model Christopher Walken on Ozzy looking like that they won't have a problem pulling it off, he looks about 50 there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

boycott it, i couldn't get a straight answer from crue.com about why they won't come to ireland, They played wales for christ sake, i just got generic bull from their webmaster about keep checking for new dates.
    i f'in love crue but they need to start repayin the love to their Irish fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

boycott it, i couldn't get a straight answer from crue.com about why they won't come to ireland, They played wales for christ sake, i just got generic bull from their webmaster about keep checking for new dates.

Well, it's the promoters that you'd want to be on to really

I've got a video of that Ozzy gig somewhere, he's not in that bad a state to be honest. Just looks like he usually does. He'd have been pushing on 40 when Motley Crue were around first, not 20, anyway. Christopher Walken looks a lot lot older than that though!

Like someone said, if it's done well it could be a very good film

Advertisement