Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Calc required

Options
  • 09-11-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am looking for help from someone who can tell me roughtly the heat in Kw that would be required to heat a dormer bungalow that i am building..It will be cavity wall construction d/stairs and stud partitions u/stair. We have the 40mm air gap and 60mm of xtratherm in walls. Also have the 65mm(i think) in the floors with ufh over that, we are insulating our attic to the reccommended level and we have put in double galzed windows with the "K" glass. House is approx 3000 sq/ft.

I may not have enough detail there for a very exact calc but i am really only looking for a ball park type figure.

The reason i ask is that i am in touch with a company who are telling me that the house will require approx 15kw to heat it, this seems a bit low , admittedly to a gombeen but there ye go!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The reason i ask is that i am in touch with a company who are telling me that the house will require approx 15kw to heat it, this seems a bit low ,

15kW over what time period??

A very energy efficient house will use 15kw per m.sq per year for all its energy. Space and water heating contribute to most a houses energy requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

I mean a heatpump with a 15kw output.
    15kw/m2 per year? :rolleyes: I think you mean 15watts per metre surely...otherwise for a 150m2 house would need 2250kw of heat per year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I mean KW, it includes space heating, water heating, and electricity, all energy the house uses.
    The new energy rating system fo houses will have the A1 rating in the 30kw region. Unless they improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

have a look at the following link, this should answer all your questions.
    read through the information and follow the links on the page

www.deals4homes.co.uk/diyprojects/centralheating.htm

for yr info you'll really be looking at a 30KW boiler for yr home
    you could get away with a smaller one...but why make the boiler
    work hard

hope this helps

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

Thanks for the help De Man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement