Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have the English FA lost their marbles ?

• 09-11-2006 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭

It seams everytime anyone shows any emotion in a Premiership match , a charge is brought against them , be they manager or player , in the FA's pursuit to sanitise the game.
    Football is football, take the emotion out of the game , and your not left with much .
    Are the FA bowing to too much media reaction, or am i alone in thinking the FA are trying to clean up the game in the wrong places.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

I think that managers have the right to celebrate a goal, much the same way that players do.

I haven't seen the incident in the West Ham -vs- Arsenal game, but it sounds like Pardew entered Wenger's technical area and then Wenger pushed him out, which is just a bit childish. I don't think either deserves to be charge with mis-conduct. Maybe a ticking off for Pardew for leaving the technical area, but otherwise I don't see a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I assume you are refercing against the fact that Alan Pardew has been called to order? And If so, I agree with you completely.

I fail to see what Pardew did wrong. Afterall, his job is on the line, his team were is firing, and they get a late winner against a London rival, a rival who have aspirations of winning the Premiership. Of course he was going to celebrate.

Wenger on the other hand acted the jerk. He is a manager who i really like, and always have, but I was very dissapointed by the way he reacted last week, and even after that, i was appalled he didnt shake hands with Pardew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He toys are still all over the floor. He didnt come out and speak to the media after last nights cup game against Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ridiculous decision, Wenger should be the only one in the dock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

kinaldo wrote:

good article hadn't read it -- and its the jist of my post -- its like the FA want 11 robots managed by Sven , playing 11 statues managed by McClaren , in fear of offending any watching over sensitive children , who were probably reared anyway playing violent video games -- these post match charges for petty passion crimes are frankly becoming boring .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I simply don't get what the FA are trying to do. I'm all for players scoring, take of their jersey and go waving it around their heads etc... Let managers celebrate goals let players and all show emotion. The one thing thats refreshing when watching Serie A is goal celebration. Gilla scored for Milan two weeks ago and climbed the fence to celebrate with the Curva Sud. Not saying we should let players climb into stands but let them show their emotions. They want to turn the game into a completely sanatised affair with 22 robots on the pitch and managers not allowed to show any emotion or speak badly of anything after a game. The result will be the downfall of their game!

EDIT: Just read that article. Brilliant, pretty much exactly how I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The FA have been like that for quite a few years now. Bringing disrepute charges against players/managers for nothing and then paying some muppet 5 million a year to keep their international team at the same boring level as when he arrived. Not too good, not too bad.

The suits have had enough scandals themselves over the past few seasons they should really think about sorting out in house and leave those who care about the game get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I also fail to see what Pardew has done wrong. After so many consecutive defeats, the entire country speculating over your future, takeover talks going on at the club, to get a last minute winner against Arsenal which would give him a second win in a row, how can you blame him for celebrating?

I can see how 'over-celebrating' becomes an issue when players go into the crowd, there is a security element there, but to stop managers from throwing their hands in the air is ridiculous.

Wenger has probably come out the worst in this. Even if you got over his tantrum when Pardew celebrated first, refusing to shake hands when Pardew extended his hand was downright petty. And now refusing to talk to the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Jesus, these suits, do they live in the real world? :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement