Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation from Esat BT?

Options
  • 09-11-2006 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago a received a phone call and letter from Esat BT, saying I hadn't paid them since last year and owed over 700 euros in payment for broadband.

I had a direct debit set up to pay this but their billing system messed up (nothing new there). I paid the full amount by cheque and was told that the direct debit would be reinstated.

The other day I got a letter saying I owed 85 euros and I'd be disconnected if I didn't pay in 10 days.

I rang them about it and after three phone calls they eventually found my account. They are now asking me to cancel my old DD mandate and issue a new one.

I'm pretty annoyed about it. I've been with them, in one form or another, for over 6 years and have never missed a payment.
    Now they expect me to spend time and money to fix their mistakes. I've asked to speak with a manager who I'm told will ring me tomorrow.

I am going to try and seek some compensation from them for their incompetence.

Has any one tried getting compensated before? Even an apology would be nice.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

complaints@btireland.ie and cc all emails to odca@entemp.ie

if you send it today it will be answered within 24 hours once they notice who you cc'd it to :D

tell us how fast they fix it and apologise properly please

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for those addresses. I'll see how my conversation goes tomorrow with the manager before emailing.

Advertisement