Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weird Nissan Primera Problem

Options
  • 09-11-2006 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    I need some advice or opinions please.
    I recently bought a 2004 Nissan Primera 1.6l with 20k on the clock.
    Within 1 week of driving it ,i noticed when in gear and foot still on clutch, say moving ever so slowly out between 2 parked cars, i noticed a groaning sound or whirring noice .
    I brought the car back to the garage and they sent to to a Nissan garage and they said there is nothing wrong with the car and the noise eminating from the clutch will eventually disapear
    Has anyone ever come across this problem ? The mechanic said its only because its cold , i do admit when driving a while the noise is not as loud

So the garage i bought it from and a Nissan dealer have told me there is no need to replace the clutch ? Should i just take their word for it .
    Also as i bought the car from a non nissan garage, does the Nissan 3 year warranty still apply to me, i have a 1 year Toyotal dealer warranty.
    Its not a major noise, would just like to get rid of it permanently
    Hopefully its not me going crazy and somebody will have some pointers for me

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I would get it in writing that you complained about this problem from the Nissan dealer. That way, when the warranty expires, and they tell you then that you need a new clutch, bring it back to them that you had already told them about it when the car was still under warranty. And yes, it shouldn't matter where you bought the car, it's still under warranty at the Nissan dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could be a noisey release bearing. It could be a hard fault to identify. Just because it happens when your foot is on the clutch pedal doesn't necessarily mean the clutch itself is faulty. It could be a noisey gearbox - have the oil level checked. If it is a problem it's sure to get worse which may make it easier to identify. Keep an ear to it and see if it gets worse. If the noise is just a bit above engine noise then I wouldn't be overly concerned at this stage. If it's quite loud then I'd suggest being a lot more insistent with the dealer. Anyway, if it's normal hopefully some Almera drivers here might be able to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

cheers for the reply lads, it a baffling and strange on to be honest,i wasnt expecting on a car i only bought 2 weeks ago
    the garage said to me it was something to do with the heat getting to the clutch, to be honest i havnt a clue about anything mechanical in a car.
    but when i have been driving the car for a while the noises reduces significantly

its an annoying noise i just want to eradicate, sounds like a groan ,
    will keep a close eye on it , does the nissan warranty cover it whatever the problem is , the nissan dealer told me there is nothing wrong but i can hear there is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

andrew1977 wrote:
    does the nissan warranty cover it whatever the problem is , the nissan dealer told me there is nothing wrong but i can hear there is a problem

Nissan will cover anything mechanically wrong with the car for (what is it?) 3 years or 100,000kms?

I had a 03 Primera 1.6 (bought new) up till 6 weeks ago, when somebody ran into me and totalled the car. Never had a single problem with it. Nothing. It turned out to be a very safe car too, deploying all but one airbag at the time of the crash. The left curtain bag didn't come out as it was a right hand side/front impact. I would have replaced it with another Primera automatically but for the insurance money.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement