Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell Tale Signs?

• 09-11-2006 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So, i've been single enough for a while now, and i'm ready to meet new people, but seriously? How the hell do you decide to ask out? I'm a guy buy the way...

How do other people do it? Do ya just ask people who take your fancy and pray? There are a few girls i've considered asking, but i haven't been given any signs that they may be interested, no sign at all!!! So how do you know if you're in with a chance?

Any comments? Advice? Single women? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Well OP, you're certainly not going to get a date if you don't ask ;) Take the risk if you find someone you fancy. The worst that can happen is that she'll say no. The best that can happen is that you'll find "the one". Just step up and ask. Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'are we talking party/pub/club? unless you\'re funny avoid chat-up lines. make eye contact, smile, is she\'s recpetive go over introduce yourself take it from there. certain give-away signs are girl playing with her hair, licking her lips, lingering eye contact, touching your arm fleetingly.\r\nthere\'s a whole thread on single girls giving out about lack of dates, why not check it out ;p'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If you are not into the pub/club scene, you could join a voluntary group that does something you enjoy and has a good balance of single females? Become the most enthusiastic member, and they will approach you. One thing can lead to another should one fancy you (and you her).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

I think the OP is looking for advice on determining if a girl is interested enough to go on a date with. Use the following as a guide*

* disclaimer: May or may not help OP get a date

Look for the following signs
    1. Laughing at your bad jokes is a good sign.
    2. Talking directly to you.
    3. Calling you by your name, and not your nickname.
    4. Talking about you to her friends (though you may not know about this)
    5. Smiling at you. (Broad smile)
    6. Lightly brushing / touching off you. (unles she is a tease, note her behaviour with other men)
    7. She is genuinely pleased to see you.
    8. Your gut instinct.

You should do the following when talking to girls.
    1. Listen
    2. LISTEN
    3. LISTEN !!!
    4. Use what she told you in conversation.

Worse thing that can happen is you get turned down. It happens to all of us and is nothing to be afraid of.

It is better to regret something you have done, rather then something you havn't.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Dammer, great advise - well done!!!!'

• Advertisement
Advertisement