Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to report an email spammer

• 09-11-2006 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I have been getting emails from a very very well known Irish website that I have repeatadly requested to be unsubscribed from to no avail.

I have this all documented via email.

As an email marketer myself, I understand the importance of having opt-in lists and respecting the wishes of your subscribers.

I am tired of asking to be removed from their email list and being ignored. How and to whom can I report this abuse ? At this stage I would like to see them punished somehow for the spamming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know you've probably done this but just to be sure, have you made the request to be removed from their database by telephone and in writing?

Also, try to find out if a third party company/agency is handling their marketing...that's usually where problems arise and it may be them you need to talk to as well, otherwise one just blames the other for the 'mix-up'. Sorry I can't help with how to report them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

r3nu4l - unfortunatly they (although a very big IRish website) do not have any real world contact details so the only way I can contact them is via email. ANd that has failed.

tom-thebox - perfect. Just what I needed. Thx

I'll update this thread when I have any news ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Was getting a lot from one Irish company recently who ignored my initial request to be removed from their email lists.

So I sent them the following (or words to this effect):

"Please remove me immediatelty from your email list. I no longer wish to receive unsolicited emails from you or any of your associated partners.

Please note that receipt of any further such emails from you will result in me invoicing you an administration fee of €500 including VAT.

Receipt of such emails indicates your acceptance of these conditions and non-payment of the administration fee will result in a claim through the Small Claims Court"

Seemed to work - haven't yet received any further emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Advertisement
Advertisement