Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there was a cure, would you take it?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

heh, indeed! but made me laugh on an otherwise sucky day ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RD/ID

The world would be a MUCH better place if everyone was bi. I mean, is that not completely obvious?. Imagine the possibilities, the combinations. I for one would like as many options as possible - if the "cure" existed it would apply to both hetro and homo .

(OP you sound like [possibly] a well meaning but [surely] poorly educated 12/13 yo with a confidently uniformed juvenile perception of sexuality and "science")

RD/ID wrote:
    (OP you sound like [possibly] a well meaning but [surely] poorly educated 12/13 yo with a confidently uniformed juvenile perception of sexuality and "science")
    And this comment makes you come accross as a pretentious prat!

Just an observance ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RD/ID

:D Actually no, I was being at worst condescending not pretentious. :p

Just an O B S E R V A T I O N ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

your both pretentious condescendors , in your own way. I on the other hand am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo completely above it all, that I am, and exist with out looking down.

Bring back ancient Greece, then we can have wife and families and still bugger young boys. any takers :rolleyes:.

So why did it change, are the majority of ppl socialized with only a small % having no choose.

• Advertisement

RD/ID wrote:
    :D Actually no, I was being at worst condescending not pretentious. :p

Just an O B S E R V A T I O N ^_^
    Oh burn... observation would have been a better chioce of word(s) there... damn you ¬_¬

*mutters something about RD/ID's mother*

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

aidan24326 wrote:
    There's no mention in the bible of Jesus ever having a ladyfriend/wife/children, so perhaps JC himself was gay. It would be absolutely priceless if someone by some stroke of genius could prove he was. Oh that someone would even fake the evidence convincingly.

OH MY GOD: Jesus + gay Roman vampire= SMEX!!!

That was the most genius first chapter of a book I've yet to buy I've ever read. I even made a poster of it!! I put it up in my room and then my dad saw it :eek:. It's called Vampire Vow, but I don't have a link for it with me- go search it on amazon.com!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paadzer

I like being gay, so no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

keynesian wrote:
    I take on controversy and love it.
    Attention whore?

No, I'm not a homophobe and couldn't care less about what sexuality someone is, but views like this baffle me. Homosexuality is essentially so trivial, why anyone gives a shít is beyond me.

It's not a war, it's not "us and them", there should be no "gay community", just acceptance and integration.

A cure? Well I can't see any reasons not to change to being hetrosexual, you might like being gay, but you'd get the same highs from being attracted to the opposite sex as you would from the same sex. Then again, I can't see any overwhelming reasons why one would really want to change to being hetrosexual from homosexual besides the obvious ignorance of the masses. Probably better you stay the way you are so the homophobes can be cured by a few generations of social conditioning towards acceptance.

As for bisexuality, I personally wouldn't like to be bisexual/have everyone being bisexual. I like having one sex to be attracted to and one sex to view as neutral. I'd find it uncomfortable knowing I could have a potential relationship with everyone I met.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    As for bisexuality, I personally wouldn't like to be bisexual/have everyone being bisexual. I like having one sex to be attracted to and one sex to view as neutral. I'd find it uncomfortable knowing I could have a potential relationship with everyone I met.

Why would you automatically think you could have a relationship with anyone if you were bi? I'm bi, but that doesn't mean I think I could go out with anyone I met. You don't have to always be in flirt mode!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It's more complex than that though. I personally just like having one sex neutral and one attractive.

TBH, being bi wouldn't be bad or anything, but I just don't agree that the world'd be better if everyone was bi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It wouldn't necessarily be better but I don't think it would be worse either. People are still going to find some people attractive and some people unattractive regardless of their sexuality. Myself and my flatmate are both "gay" but our tastes in men could not be more different. It's like within the gender classifciation of "male", there's a further subclassification of types he likes and types I like. Just because you might be attracted to both girls and boys, doesn't mean you're attracted to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Honestly I have found that those who are bi are very fussy about their preferences with in either gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 trawingtroll

My boyfriend is proper gay and I'm bi and we have very different taste in man, making 3somes very difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Proper gay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Like proper bo-selecta or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In Cork he'd be pure gay like.

Stark wrote:
    In Cork he'd be pure gay like.

Limerick too, only with a worse accent.

Advertisement