Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

p d c to move from rosslare ?

• 09-11-2006 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

hello all darts players .for the last four years iv been travling down to the irish masters in rosslare in feb ,i heard a rumour that the pdc event will not be held there this year .i thought it was only rumour but low and behold i got a call from the manager of the crosbie ceadars the other day ,saying that they were running there own competion in march and that he would send out some entry forms .now for me the whole idea of that competion was to rub shoulders with the best dart players in the world ,and even mabey get to play one of them. now this year i think ill give it a miss just would,nt be the same ..Then the other day i heard that the pdc where not happy with the venue there last year ,(would,nt blame them it was like a fridge inside )and that they were thinking about killkenny ,dont know how true this is. so if anybody has any info on this it would be great to know cheers....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I also heard that the PDC were no happy with the venue at all and that the entire tournament had a very amatuer feel to it. There is nothing up on the PDC website o anything yet about a change of venue and I havent seen it on any of the other darts sites.

The the hotel manager say that the tournament isnt going to be held there or just that thet will be holding a tournament in March?

I was planning on playing in next years tournament so I will be keeping an eye out for any news about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I didnt hear anything about people being upset over the venue. Albeit there is general unrest among the players about venues generally for the minor events in Britain and Ireland.

But there is a big change in the ranking events next year, so I'd guess this is the reason for the current rumours, not the quality of the venue. The PDC are no longer going to award ranking points for events with a prizefund of under £20,000. This puts events like the Irish Masters in February and the Irish Classic in September in serious jepoardy as their current purse is under STG £12,000.

Thus they have two choices:
    - Find the extra STG£8,000 from somewhere and continue as a PDC ranked event
    - Continue as before, but lose PDC affiliation and thus risk losing many PDC players coming over for the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

cheers for that lads . ill keep my ears open for any news ,plus ill keep an eye out on the web sites.......also is anybody going to the white house on sun ? this is my first visit iv heard that it a fairly good set up, plenty of boards plenty of talent and with mcCracken and mcgowan there makes it all the beter ... id say mick will be hard to beat on his recent run of form ...hope i get him in the first round not ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Was in Rosslare about 4 years ago at this, never again the power (not Phil!) went our for over an hour, rip off price for a breakfast (no choice but to eat in the hotel), thought it was a very poor venue for such a big event a central venue in Ireland would be a better choice as well. As for the Irish Open Classic we are working at the moment to get this back to Donegal in 2008 (first two held in Killybegs and a lot of the players want it back there as well) but this change could make getting the venue more difficult but we will wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Last I heard it's being rumoured to be played at the Lyrath convention centre in Kilkenny. A great location and a brand new large hall

• Advertisement
Advertisement