Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire actually getting worse?

Options
  • 09-11-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I dont know about anyone else I am jsut finding there is a near constant degrading of the clearwire 'service'! I say service but in essence I pay them for a service I could get with dial up.

I would love someone to tell me there is an alternative to this **** for people with no phone lines!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ripwave from IBB, same crap service but cheaper

digiweb metro for a good service

vodafone 3g datacard otherwise (not o2 with their €900 a Gb excess charge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Ripwave is only an entry level product from IBB. But check out the IBB Breeze product available at 1/2/3 MB speed if you are looking for something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

How suitable is IBB 3mb Breeze for gaming or am wasting my time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

where are you all based? im in stillorgan (very close to village) and can only usually get 10KB per sec even if i have 3 light of reception on the box (which is rare).

In sandyford previously i could get full speed upto 220KB per sec.

I presume this is all contention?
    Or maybe it is because of my poor signal? Maybe if i get a wireless router i can put the box in a better place in my house to get better reception and this should improve my speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

DamoVOTF wrote:
    I dont know about anyone else I am jsut finding there is a near constant degrading of the clearwire 'service'! I say service but in essence I pay them for a service I could get with dial up.

I would love someone to tell me there is an alternative to this **** for people with no phone lines!

Sounds like youve gone over your cap, ring up support and find out.

I have clearwire and the only time its gone slow is if i have gone over the cap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

there's no chance ive gone over my cap - i've only been looking at a few sites.
    im gonna ring them and see whats the story.
    been averaging 5KB per sec!! crappy

Advertisement