Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 and bf2 patch coming soon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Have'nt really come across any annoying bugs yet. the silver titan badge badge for blowing the core explains alot tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Unfortunatly I have come across loads of bugs well more people exploting the bugs getting scores of 2ooo or 980 that kind of thing, Ive also heard of a couple where you can get into the Titan core through Spawn Beacons or using the Support Gun placement to shoot through walls. Just stupid kids with dreams of being l337 imo but annnoying all the same. Dropping Ammo packs on top of the support guns is also a bug... doesnt seem to bother that many people though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Most bugs I've seen is annoying shit with the interface. That infuriating kit selection/map thing is so shite. It keeps closing all on its own and I find myself racing against it to change spawn point or modify my kit. So badly designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im trying to get my gold titan destructor badge

3 consoles and the core in a round is near impossible unless others let you do it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

oh wow, i click on link and get an '' unknown error''.....what a surpirse:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

because the link he gave was for the logged in page which shouldnt work, but if you use the mush between your ears you can get past that little hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I never noticed any problems with the titan destruction achievement badges - however i got awarded gold titan destruction for not hitting 3 consoles and a core but for taking all 4 consoles instead was surprised to see it pop up but its one fo the few weird bugs i can live with :D

They need to completely rework titans tho imho. besides the horrendous lag involved when some jackass commander moves it about too much -
    • I find that specifically consoles number 1 and 2 are far too easy to defend with a group of 3-4 support/recons covering them against an entire team of 20ish (while raking in the points).
    • The hilarious bug i noticed is that if u die in the titan pick a different kit in the selection screen then get revived by an assault you come back with the full kit including ammo/grenades/different gun etc.
    • The inability to swap kits in the titan is stupid.
    • Floaty dead bodies!
    • The sentry guns firing through the wall cant hit people but they do give positions away - stupid
    • There are 3 pod doors on either sides inside the hangar of the titan but only one of each set can be used at a time
    • The AA guns on the top of the titan dont burn out - im fairly sure morons cause a lot of lag by firing them permanently into the sky.
    • The inability to stand due to movement of the titan is annoying especially when using certain weapons
    • The grenades have habits of moving with the motion of the titan - sometimes back in the face of the person throwing em
    • there is a titan defense pin but not a titan attack pin!
    • The change that occurs when u go past a certain point in the corridor still causes the screen to go black if you have dynamic lighting turned off

Most of these fixes will probably come about after a huge patch in a month or two.

I think it'd be cool if the Titan Core was in a big floor-shaft. That way you can throw exploives down without ABSOLUTE MORONS standing around looking at it while I sit there waiting to detonate my 5 demopacks.

Zillah wrote:
    I think it'd be cool if the Titan Core was in a big floor-shaft. That way you can throw exploives down without ABSOLUTE MORONS standing around looking at it while I sit there waiting to detonate my 5 demopacks.

Aye nothing more annoying, lost count of the amount of times i've killed been waiting for them(got kicked once for hurling abusive language down the mike, move you c****, just my luck an admin in my squad). also lost count of the amount of times, i forgot the amount of c4's i had and blew myslef and a few others up, by clicking like mad.

"Stop shooting your gun at it! I can end this now with one click if you just move!"

• Advertisement

Played titan most of the weekend, yeah its buggy as hell. walls don't seem exist physically in the titan. experienced lag for the 1st time on a titan as well, i'd the mg, 4 guys ran in front of me backs to me and i missed every one, f'in lag. Hope they fix the titan bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Know of at least 3 titan bug's / exploits that are possible. Annoyin tbh, defendin the first 2 consoles then loose the final 2 because of bugs. But it might be the only realistic way of gettin the 3 consoles needed for gold :rolleyes:.
    Aint used em and dont think i will incase get wiped.

Seen a bug that u can get on ur own squad drone thingy & it will keep goin up and up with u standin on it. Wonderin would ya be wiped for that cause it seems cool. Can only do it in certain places though :(

Actually someone just me on a site with the video's of the exploits. Ridiculous, its possible to get into core without going near the consoles, basically the defenders can't get at you. theres certain walls you can jump through. crates you can spawn in making you invulnerable, the list goes on for the titan. i know where i'll be placing my Claymores now.

Major glitch raping going on alright, came across a squad last night in the core reactor with the consoles still up. fair play to them they just laughed and did'nt try to take it out. Did the trick myself to get them, but they'd suicided by the time i got in there.

I was bored today and went through the leaderboard, went through the top 10, all of got a best round score of at least 3,000, the highest being 10k!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

They'll be wiped. I hope their accounts get removed also and not just the soldier. Otherwise that leaderboard is gonna be useless forever

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Not that surprized. There was a guy with the name IFOUNDAGLITCH who was able to get 2000+ points a round by just standing around on the Titan. He managed to get to the top of the leaderboard in 2 days.

He then posted a thread about this glitch on the Ea forums, pointing out that he had found this glitch, had documented it, sent numerous emails to Ea about it, made a character with a name pointing out what he was doing and put it to no.1 exploiting this glitch.

He never got a reply and the thread was deleted. Account got locked out about 2 weeks later. Makes you wonder, why lock a account that was there to help you better your own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hercule wrote:
    • The grenades have habits of moving with the motion of the titan - sometimes back in the face of the person throwing em
    Errr isnt that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

let me reword that..
    The grenades have habits of moving with the motion of the titan without colliding with anything - sometimes back in the face of the person throwing em defying the laws of physics in the process ->gaining momentum in a new direction without another force acting upon it.

thats what i mean ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ah ok that makes more sense
    I thought you meant that they would roll with the titan

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

The titan has so many glitches its beyond a joke. Guys hiding in boxes that you cannot see killing everything in sight.

Being able to jump through walls.

Being able to spawn using the spawn beacon in the secured reactor room.

The last and final one is the titan drop glitch. Basically they hover over the titan in a transport and 2 players switch back and forth between the pilots seat. They get a titan drop point everytime they do it. Take a look at the leaderboard on the EA site. The top 15 are all there because of this bug. (Just browse to details and then titan mode)

The top player has 125387 titan drops.

The good news is that these are all going to be fixed ( I believe it when I see it) in the 1.05 patch thats coming out soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement