Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to buy €10,000 budget...

Options
  • 10-11-2006 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

suggestions wanted. Haven't a clue what to get. Something comfortable with air con.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

A big **** off late nineties 7 series from england.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Well do you have any ideas at all...what sort of cars do you like....

mmmm something comfortable with air con....Micra with leather seats.... :D:D

Serious, what size engine, big car/small car/family orentiated car/sporty car?

Provide some sort of direction and you will get a good response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A good spec. Ford Mondeo, a fine car to drive with plenty of extras if you buy the right model.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

junkyard wrote:
    A good spec. Ford Mondeo, a fine car to drive with plenty of extras if you buy the right model.

Incidently a work collegue bought an ex company car 2001 Mondeo MkIII 1.8 Zetec which had the same driver from new, with 102k miles and full dealer service history for €4k recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I was looking at Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 307, Toyota Corolla H/b. But I don't really mind. Just not small crap cars like micra, fiesta, corsa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Incidently a work collegue bought an ex company car 2001 Mondeo MkIII 1.8 Zetec which had the same driver from new, with 102k miles and full dealer service history for €4k recently.

Nice price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tunes81

You can't beat a good vw golf, you'd be lookin at a 01 maybe 02 for 10 grand, or if you go for a TDI maybe a 00 or 01. It'll be tough to get one with air con though. Diesel its the future well for now anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

I'm in the same boat at the moment. for 10k i'm looking at a 99/00 3-series (anything from 1.8l up), a 97/98 5-series (possibly a 523 with a 2.5l straight six), a mitsubishi galant 99/00 (also a 2.5l, but a V6). a camry or avensis might suit you as well, or a lexus IS-200 if you can get one at the right price.

any other ideas would be welcomed, tearing my hair out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

tunes81 wrote:
    You can't beat a good vw golf, you'd be lookin at a 01 maybe 02 for 10 grand, or if you go for a TDI maybe a 00 or 01. It'll be tough to get one with air con though. Diesel its the future well for now anyways.

I agree with you on the diesel point. What about a Seat Toledo tdi?
    You should pick up a Signo spec 110bhp with all the toys including climate control for this sort of money, eg:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=532066

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

bazz26 wrote:

That was a sweet deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

I have a mint 98 BMW 318is for sale at moment.

leather, a/c etc etc

Well within your budget Skyuser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You'd get a nice 5 series BMW for your money or even an Audi A4 but, tbh, I'd stay well clear of a VW Golf or Passat.

Advertisement