Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting WWE/TNA/Angle Rumour

• 10-11-2006 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

It's been reported at the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that contrary to popular belief,Angle is in fact still on good terms with World Wrestling Entertainment according to confidential inside sources.While these sources are being very cautious about who they are speaking too one of them revealed that Angle's departure from the WWE was on good terms but that an agreement was made between Kurt Angle And WWE management(and specifically Mr. McMahon) to stage the release of Kurt in a negative light so that he will be more likely to be given the NWA championship.

Vince McMahon is said to still be furious about Rhino trashing the ECW title after refusing a contract offer with the WWE on the ECW roster.The inside source says that the WWE is optimistic that Kurt will be given the NWA title as early as the start of next year and that the plan is for Kurt to speak out on TNA impact and claim that the NWA title is meaningless since the competition there is so weak.After this the plan is for Kurt to walk out with the belt and it is to disappear since Vince McMahon doesn't want to give TNA free publicity by having Angle destroy it on the air.

Personally, I don't believe that it's true at all. Actually, after re-reading it, I'm wondering if it's actually worth posting! I don't think Vince would have cared all that much about the ECW title being thrown in the bin. They'd have to hope that Impact is live to pull it off too. Still though, I've always wondered if any company and wrestler would ever pull off something like that

EDIT: Nah, it wasn't even in the Observer, just checked. Ah well!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    Personally, I don't believe that it's true at all. Actually, after re-reading it, I'm wondering if it's actually worth posting! I don't think Vince would have cared all that much about the ECW title being thrown in the bin. They'd have to hope that Impact is live to pull it off too. Still though, I've always wondered if any company and wrestler would ever pull off something like that

EDIT: Nah, it wasn't even in the Observer, just checked. Ah well!

I dont think that Kurt will do it even though I think that Vince is certainly capable of bringing up such an idea.Kind of interesting if it happened though...o well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't remember seeing that in the observer each week. It happens alot. People citing the observer for publishing things that Meltzer never even wrote.

Edit: Just saw your edit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's absurd. Vince would give TNA his best wrestler because he was offended by a segment that hardly anyone even remembers?

And this bit doesn't make any sense...
    After this the plan is for Kurt to walk out with the belt and it is to disappear since Vince McMahon doesn't want to give TNA free publicity by having Angle destroy it on the air.

How would it disappear? A contracted wrestler can take a belt? They'd be sued! And if Vince was so concerned with free publicity, why would he give them Angle in the first place?

Honestly Fozzy I'm disappointed you were taken in by this! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hey, I was tired, and on the board where I read it everyone was being taken in by it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

fatal wrote:
    I dont think that Kurt will do it even though I think that Vince is certainly capable of bringing up such an idea.Kind of interesting if it happened though...o well

It seems like an idea Eric Bischoff would have, and did have, when he got the WWF Worlds Womens Champion to appear on Monday Night Nitro and bin the Womens Title in the Trash before her debut match (i tink this was sometime around 96). I forget her name but if it happens, I can assure you, Ive seen it 10 years ago!

As for Angle, interesting side to this, but it might be just a WWE Insider putting a good light on a bad Angle - excuse the pun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'd say it's a WWE guy (vince mcmahon or someone) who is pissed about Angle walking out and has decided to make up stuff about Angle so TNA might get suspicious and hold off giving him a push.
    Personally i hope they dont give Angle the title to soon like Christian but more have him being built up like Sting was.

It seems like an idea Eric Bischoff would have, and did have, when he got the WWF Worlds Womens Champion to appear on Monday Night Nitro and bin the Womens Title in the Trash before her debut match (i tink this was sometime around 96). I forget her name but if it happens, I can assure you, Ive seen it 10 years ago!

Yeah, that was Madusa. I think the WWF and WCW formed some sort of agreement after that where either side would get into a lot of trouble if they did anything like that again

Ric Flair appeared in the WWF with the WCW title back in the early 90's aswell of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This is just not true, where did you hear this?

This is just not true, where did you hear this?

I said in my original post that it's not true. I would've deleted it if I could, couldn't be bothered askin a mod to delete it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

What a load of b****x!! Angle is the best there is.. I personally think he is F*****g crazy donateing his body to slaughter and serving it up on a plate to joe at genesis.. its a dream match yes joe is going to win yes is angle going to end up hurt yes DOES VINCEMCMAHON GIVE A TOSS!! HELL NO.. because he knows all of tna's biggest stars are going to be midcarders for his piss poor promotion. Raw on monday was terrible.. ROH 4 LIFE!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Fozzy wrote:
    Yeah, that was Madusa. I think the WWF and WCW formed some sort of agreement after that where either side would get into a lot of trouble if they did anything like that again
    No such agreement ever happened, that was the main excuse Vince always gave for screwing Bret.
    Fozzy wrote:
    Ric Flair appeared in the WWF with the WCW title back in the early 90's aswell of course
    That was the NWA title belt, not the WCW one. At the time, the NWA was almost defunct as the WCW was withdrawing from it. Also, the belt was not put down, in fact Flair was being hailed as the "real" World Champion when he came to the WWF at the time. Also, Flair didn't do anything sly to show up with that belt. The NWA hadn't returned his deposit, so he didn't return the belt, and simply used it as a prop. They reached an agreement later and Flair returned the belt. I think he actually settled for half his deposit back or something like that because the NWA was basically bust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I thought Flair kept the belt (according to him), and WCW created a WCW World Championship belt, which wasn't as nice at all? Still I remember how cool it was seeing Flair with the NWA belt on TV and WWF blurring it out on every scene. Made me wonder at the time if wrestling wasn't asfake as I thought. Although I was only 13.

Advertisement