Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website

Options
  • 10-11-2006 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Started developeing a website a few weeks ago for a friend.I created the website using frontpage. I really only know the basics and was teaching myself.Looking to do a cource in web developement next month.There are 2 cources, one using frontpage and one using dreamwear.The question is should I do the cource that uses frontpage or dreamwear.If I am 2 continue to develope web sites what is the beter softwear to use.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭8gbMadness

i use frontpage to design and dreamweaver to touch up, do the frontpage course and play around with the dreamweaver at home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

oh god definetely Dreamweaver.

Frontpage is just useless tbh. You'll create good sites with dreamweaver

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to webmaster forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I would say Dreamweaver over frontpage for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

I think frontpage has been discontinued, but seriously go for the dreamweaver one. It wont make you do good sites, thats down to you but its a lot better than frontpage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

definitely go with dreamweaver if they are your only options.

alternatively you could just use notepad and handcode your sites to provide optimum flexibility and compliance to standards.

(it's not as difficult as it may seem)

sitepoint would be a good place to start for some books and the forum there is pretty good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Dreamweaver.... for sure.....

Although, there's the new Microsoft Expression that seems to be a lot cleaner than frontpage- but it doesn;t recognise PHP!!! !!!! !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Dreamweaver !!!!!
    There's no competition between dw and frontpage tbh.

Advertisement