Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 releases Nokia 6233 and other new phones on speakeasy

• 10-11-2006 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

They're actually undercutting 3 for the 6233, and selling it for €169 with €90 free credit for existing customers.

In contrast, 3 charges €199 for the same phone, and you only get €10 free credit on the phone (technically you can get an extra €60 if you top up by a set amount every month).

Seems like a competitive price, no?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

yes, and including the fact 3 would probably lock that phone so bad it would be impossible to use it!

im so glad i didnt get the 6234 from vodafone even though i was itching for one :D

this one is so much better looking and probably better with not a lot of operator stuff on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Aye, O2 tend to stick with the generic firmware. I'd get this phone if it did i-mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Am I correct that O2 don't do 3G on speakeasy up to now?
    With the release of something like this are they going to?

It's only a matter of months at most before they do video calling. You can already use their 3G network for data.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Whats the pricing like for data on speakeasy 3g? is it still 1cent per kb or has it dropped? id like to know for aft :D

• Advertisement

AFAIK it is still 1c per kilobyte. To put that into perspective, receiving an email with a 10 Mb PowerPoint presentation will set you back about €100.

If you wanna use mobile data with a laptop, the best deal around at the moment is Vodafone Unlimited Data. For €49 a month, you get unlimited data transfer with no cap. At least that's what Vodafone tell me, and I haven't run into any problems thus far; I've had such a card since June and use it almost every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@jmccrohan - same as GPRS. 1c per KB

As for their new range of phones, it's not bad! k800i and the new 8800 coming out before Xmas, with the W810i and 6233 out alright.

Whoever was looking for imode, the k610im is coming out too!

It's really about time that O2 caught up with some of the other networks in terms of top phones on Speakeasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

In regards to data rates, you can buy a bundle. I believe that 10megs works out as 10euro using them.

The k610im would be a great phone to get though its no K800i

*strokes K800i*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

In regards to data rates, you can buy a bundle. I believe that 10megs works out as 10euro using them.

The k610im would be a great phone to get though its no K800i

*strokes K800i*
    Shame the k800i is so bulky Gummy isn't it? :(

As for the bundles, didn't think you could get them on prepay for GPRS? Be handy if you could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yeah thats the only flaw of the k800i but i love it.

Sorry, I checked the website again and its postpay only. It would be a good idea if you could get data bundles on prepay like text messages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement