Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Some Festive Listening Albums

Options
  • 10-11-2006 5:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Love it or hate it, it's coming up to that time of year again and all the shops have started playing the usual annoying songs over and over and over... non-stop.

It's not all bad though. I'm happy enough to wear out A Christmas Gift From Phil Spector once again, in fact I look forward to it.

Last year though, just before Christmas, I finally got hold of a rare gem on cd, an album that I'd already downloaded and purchased on vinyle. I think it makes for great listening around this time of year as it's got that classic Spector sound to it, combined with the unique style and warmth of Cyndi Lauper's vocals.

img_399573_large_image_url.jpg

Basically I absolutely love this album and can't recommend it highly enough. The group, Blue Angel, were a late 70's act and released this their one and only album in 1980, four years before Cyndi made here solo breakthrough.

Unfortunately it's only available from speciality record label, Hip-O Select, and is apparently limited to 5000 copies but is still available and can be purchased here. For anyone considering buying it you should check out the great review from allmusic here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Pick up Low's Christmas EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Kali wrote:
    Pick up Low's Christmas EP.

And then pick it up for all your friends too. Great album for all the year but especially at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sufjan stevens has a 5cd boxset coming out for christmas i think. this guy is insane as this is his second release this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The Trans Siberian Orchestra box set.

Advertisement