Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weekend's action

• 10-11-2006 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Premier
    Friday

Bohemians - Bray Wanderers
    St Patrick's Athletic - Derry City
    UCD - Longford Town
    Cork City - Shelbourne
    Saturday
    Sligo Rovers - Drogheda United

First
    Friday

Shamrock Rovers - Finn Harps
    Athlone Town - Monaghan United
    Saturday
    Galway United - Cobh Ramblers
    Kildare County - Kilkenny City

Well, I'm just out the door on the way to the airport to fly to Cork for tonight's match.

We could potentially win the league tonight, if we get a better result than Derry do on the night. So (gulp) Come On Pat's!:eek:

I'd love to win it down there, but as long as we come back with one hand firmly on the trophy I'll be happy. But, CCFC still have designs on second spot, so they certainly won't be any pushover, as we haven't beaten them in a couple of years now, in the league.

Rovers could go a long way to winning the First Division tonight also, hopefully they don't.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must say I am very worried about tonights game. Shels havent beaten us in ages, and I feel tonight just might be their night. Plus, I think Derry will blow it sky high against Pats.

The weather down here is shíte as well so doesnt augur well for a flowing game. Should be a good athmosphere though.

My main worry tonight though is the possibility of trouble. Apparently the City Skolligans and their Shels counterparts have been organising something tonight over bebo. I shít you not. One thing I know for certain is due to these idiots lack of intelligence, they have put pictures of themselves on their sites, and both City and Shels people have them, and there will be bannings and consequences if anything even threatens tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We will probably beat Derry but who cares, I wouldnt mind if Pats put out an u18 team tbh.

other games may have results, again who cares :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

off to UCD in a bit for the last away match of our season. Couldnt really give two hoots about it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Monday:
    Waterford United Vs Derry City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

1-0 to cork, roy o'donovan again. Hes on fire. Derry still drawing.

• Advertisement

RTE website says 1-0 to Derry now. Just been confirmed by the plank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Horrendous performance by Shels. Ok it's never easy going to Cork but talk about being lacklustre. Offered nothing in front of goal and were punished. Now theyve just gone and made it hard for themselves and we now have to look forward to needing the two games against Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Xavi6 wrote:
    Horrendous performance by Shels. Ok it's never easy going to Cork but talk about being lacklustre. Offered nothing in front of goal and were punished. Now theyve just gone and made it hard for themselves and we now have to look forward to needing the two games against Bohs.

Dying for next friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

TheGooner wrote:
    Dying for next friday!

Ha ha big time. I graduate from college that day and am meant to be goin out that night but not before I make the trip to Tolka!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Xavi6 wrote:
    Ha ha big time. I graduate from college that day and am meant to be goin out that night but not before I make the trip to Tolka!!!

Cmon the BOHS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We should have beat them last night but our team selection was mystifying :D We were well on top and JmC changes it to allow Derry to tear us apart in 2nd half....if i was a shels fan i would call Shenagigans!!!!!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

great result and performance from us last night. great goal by roy the boy. pity we didnt stick him up front earlier in the season, we might have been in a better position, maybe challenging for the league.

met sean south in the horseshoe as well, nice fella. my beard is better though. :D

we all staggered out of the shoe at about 3am. i was quite sick this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Roar wrote:
    met sean south in the horseshoe as well, nice fella. my beard is better though. :D
    Pfft.
    Roar wrote:
    we all staggered out of the shoe at about 3am. i was quite sick this morning.
    YOU were sick?

At least you didn't have a flight this afternoon ffs. Well I got home safe anyway, myself and Eins.

Met gimmick too, nice fella? Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Finally back in my own place this afternoon. Man, was I dying something rotten Saturday morning, but thats neither here nor there! (May still have been the shock at seeing Jazzy Jeff in some form of cinema/club! ;) :eek:).

Terrible performance, but what can you do? Players heads are gone no doubt, many of them have already mentally left the club, and it showed. Never looked like scoring, and looked so so frail at the back. Hopefully Waterford can do us a favour on Monday, 0-0 be nice! :)

And now for a score from one of tonights other games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Only now can I type. Nice to meet Seansouth, and put a face to the name etc.

As for the game, well Im glad we won, and probably should have won by a few more. Shels didnt look that interested.

Funny part - Joe Gamble got sent off again. 3rd time he has been sent off against Shels in 2 seasons. And all of them have been more than avoidable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

All in the hands of the arbitrator at the moment. I won't be going to the Shels - Bohs game at Tolka unless a) Derry beat Waterford tomorrow night, and b) arbitrator rules that the McGuinness match doesn't have to be replayed*

*I do realise that this won't be the end of the whole saga, that depending on the arbitrator's decision, either Derry or Shels are going to take further action, but in theory the league will still be there to play for once Derry knock a few past Waterford, and the arbitrator makes the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Unbelievable! Derry score a winner with the last kick of the game. Farren with a cracking volley. 60 seconds earlier Waterford were denied a stone wall penalty. Ref played 40 seconds more than he should have. Perhaps Derry are destined to win the League!

Was listening on the radio, nearly vomitted! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ah Jaysis.

Radio Foyle even called the stonewaller.

Ah well, we need the three points against Bohs, we'll get them.

haha, i was just about to come on and complain and how they have gift wrapped the title to shels.

• Advertisement

EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION  NOV 13
                   P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Shelbourne   29  17   8   4  58  26  59
     Derry City   29  17   8   4  45  20  59
     Cork City    29  15  11   3  37  14  56
     Drogheda U   29  15  10   4  36  23  55
     Sligo Rvrs   29  11   6  12  32  41  39
     UCD          30   9  11  10  26  26  38
     St Pat's A   29   9   9  11  32  29  36
     Longford Tn  29   8   9  12  23  27  33
     Bohemians *  29   9   5  15  28  32  29
     Bray Wndrs   29   3   7  19  21  63  16
     Waterford U  29   2   6  21  20  57  12

* Bohemians deducted three points for
     fielding a suspended player           

Had Derry not gained from the Dublin City fiasco, we'd be champions now. One game left each, only goal difference in it (thankfully, a huge difference in it, in our favour! :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

There was war after the game with the officials and the referee observer who even went down to have words with him about what he did. Someone must have paid off the official to give Derry the win no matter what. The Derry fans couldn't believe what happened and were laughing at the way the game ended. It's a total disgrace and something should be done about it.

Must be that Dublin bias they've all been ranting about of late? Basically handed 3 extra points in the league, and dodgy decisions on the penultimate day going in their favour? Man, they're so hard done by! :D

Listening to the radio, the commentators (from Derry) couldn't understand why Derry got a penalty, and how Waterford didn't get one. It's amusing, anyways :(

I'm delighted the ref had money on a derry win, cos so did i.

Advertisement