Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seria A Fixtuers this weekend

• 10-11-2006 10:27am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

17:00 UK Fiorentina v Atalanta Stadio Artemio Franchi
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Roma Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Sunday, November 12, 2006
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Ascoli v Empoli Stadio Cino e Lillo del Duca
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Livorno Stadio Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Lazio v Udinese Stadio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Messina v Cagliari Stadio G. Celeste
    14:00 UK Palermo v Torino Renzo Barbera
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Chievo Verona Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Siena v Reggina Artemio Franchi
    19:30 UK Parma v Inter Milan Stadio Ennio Tardini

Big game this weekend AC -v- Roma.

I fear for AC in this one but hopefully they can get a few points of Roma for Inter.

Tricky one for Inter. I reckon Param are gona come strong. Might take a while but hoefully not this weekend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I think rather than a new thread every week we should just have one Serie A thread and post fixtures/discussion et all...

On the fixtures yeah, big week for AC. Form has been dire lately so a win here would do the lads the world of good. Inter a trickey enought tie away to Parma but one they should win and for my money the game of the round is Palermo Torino... should be a cracker that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

iregk wrote:
    I think rather than a new thread every week we should just have one Serie A thread and post fixtures/discussion et all...
    I second that, and also think there should be a Spanish football thread too. La Liga is shaping up to be the most exciting league in Europe this year, with Sevilla perched at the top and strong challeneges from Barca, R. Madrid, and Valencia. Atl. Madrid were expected to challenge but are brilliantly inconsistent. Ronaldo scored his first goal for Real since April last night but then promptly suffered a ligament injury and saw RVN score twice along with goals from Reyes and Beckham.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

kearnsr wrote:
    Big game this weekend AC -v- Roma.

I fear for AC in this one but hopefully they can get a few points of Roma for Inter.

Tricky one for Inter. I reckon Param are gona come strong. Might take a while but hoefully not this weekend
    I fancy Milan to raise their game and win this. Vucinic is injured again so it's back to Totti up front on his own. Mexes should be back in defence which is a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Waster wrote:
    I fancy Milan to raise their game and win this. Vucinic is injured again so it's back to Totti up front on his own. Mexes should be back in defence which is a bonus.
    Why isn't Montella a guaranteed starter? He has started 4 league games and scored in 2 of them. He started the cup match in midweek and scored Roma's only 2 goals. Roma's main weakness last season was the lack of strikers, now that Montella is fit they don't even play him. Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Enough internet for loads of threads per league.

Ac Roma game is a cracker, actually not watching the la Liga game as its that good, i think they broke the record for the amount of posts and crossbars hit in one game. The keepers have been amazing and made some outstadning saves.

1-1 20 mins to go.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

2-1 to Rome now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Say what you like about Totti as a pro, but he really pulls it out for his club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nipplenuts wrote:
    Say what you like about Totti as a pro, but he really pulls it out for his club.

I hadnt realised how many goals he's scored in his career till th ecommentator said it earlier.

It's just a pitty he blotted his copy with a few really knackery incidents. I've nothing against hard tackling players that pick up a few red cards, but stamping and spitting etc is inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

milan are having a bit of a miserable season so far : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, before the season kicked off I honestly thought they'd stroll into a top 2 position by the end. At this rate they'll be lucky to make the UEFA cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

They eed a top striker. I wouldnt be supirsed to see them try grab torres or someone in january.

Even going for Trezeguet at Juve would be a smart idea. Then again they hit the post/bar enough tonight. They probaly should of won it.

If totti wasnt such a di rossi, he would be so much more respected and liked as a footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Totti is not only one of the most underrated footballers atm, but one of the most underrated of all time. :) Fantastic player. He has his frustrating games but his variety of passes with his 1 right foot is unreal.

I'm sort of adopted Roma as my team in Italy now and have seen a lot of them recently. De Rossi is a great player. He can be forgiving for 1 bad tackle at the world cup. Aquilani should be in the team from what I've seen of him so far. Perotta does a job but I think he's overrated. There's a 17 year old striker that has played a few times already, Okaka, and is very highly rated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was away for the weekend so only got to see the results today.

Good win for Inter.

Roma did well away from home and its a good result for them.

Just noticed another red card for Inter. They must be putting something in the pasta up there! But over all there seems to be a lot of red cards for all the teams. Must see if I can get any stats on that.

As for making a new thread or not I'll just doing what I have been doing till some one tells me different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

No prob, not a critisism just a sugestion.

Anyway back to what matters. We are certainly having a miserable season thus far. 2-1 loss at home to Roma, the first time we have lost 3 home games in a row since the 60's!!! You can say it was unlucky but it was the very same against Palermo, how many time did we hit the metal there? The truth is we are struggling in the post Sheva era. Oliviera to me, is not up to much. He doesn't have anywhere near the movement of Sheva and as such the team looks a little lost in attack. Kaka has been playing great all season but even he appears frustrated with the attacking options of late.

Milan simply should have gotten some high profile players in to replace Sheva and some of the defense. Players like Bonera and Oliviera don't exactly send shockwaves through the continent. In my opinion I think its time for Ancelotti to go. He looks tired and out of ideas. The squad has gone stale and stagnant in the past couple of years and its time for some new direction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iregk wrote:

No prob, not a critisism just a sugestion.

Didnt take as a critisism. I knew what you were talking about.

Back on topic again.

When was the last time Milan went on a run like this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

iregk wrote:
    Milan simply should have gotten some high profile players in to replace Sheva and some of the defense. Players like Bonera and Oliviera don't exactly send shockwaves through the continent. In my opinion I think its time for Ancelotti to go. He looks tired and out of ideas. The squad has gone stale and stagnant in the past couple of years and its time for some new direction.

u dont need high profile players, u just need good players, bonera has been one of the best defenders in serie a for years now, olivera is sub standard for milan but he'll do a job.

i'd be suprised if milan didnt bid for iaquinta or pazzini in january to boost the strikeforce

el rabitos wrote:
    u dont need high profile players, u just need good players, bonera has been one of the best defenders in serie a for years now, olivera is sub standard for milan but he'll do a job.

i'd be suprised if milan didnt bid for iaquinta or pazzini in january to boost the strikeforce

Olivera was a very good player before he had his injury. It could've went either way for him. He could be still finding his feet.

I thinkk Milans biggest problem is the age of the squad. A couple of years ago the squad was full experience and a team who could last 90 minutes. You cant say that any more can you? And thats costing them goals at both ends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Here's a roundup of all the Serie A goals from Week 11:

Limited Yousendit Download

I have them on Google video too but it's taking forever to process.

Some very nice goals in there.

Edit: voila!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Amazing goal this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjppcfeycq4

What a pass from Aquilani!

Advertisement