Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fogged up windows

Options
  • 10-11-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Just something I've noticed. The windows on my (recently bought second hand) 3 series compact get fogged up easily, and takes more time to clear than any car I've had before. :(

Its usually after I've left the car somewhere for a while. It can be in the morning, lunch time or evening.

Is it just one of these things that different cars have different characteristics, or is it a sign that something like a filter might need to be replaced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could be that the pollen filter is blocked.

If you have air con make sure it is turned on as it will remove condensation quicker. Make sure your windows are clean - clean glass helps keep condensation away.

If water is leaking into the car it will cause excessive condensation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

There is a brand of interior window wipes. Can't remember the name but they come in blue wrapping. Wipe your windows with these and they leave a bit of a residue. Wipe with a shammy to remove excess residue.
    Your windows will be a lot more resistant to fogging up.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Its a problem I find aswell in a 99 s40. I use the Air Con to clear the windscreen and find it can be sometimes very fast and sometimes it takes ages. I also dislike the way that if you have the heaters pointed to the windscreen defogger the rest of the car is freezing but if you put the heat out through the front vents, the windscreen is foggy. Small complaint I suppose really though :)

Advertisement