Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line tester for Kinnegad exchange

Options
  • 10-11-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Weird things going on in Clonard (off the Kinnegad exchange) re the line tester.

Two seperate houses in Clonard have got DSL broadband one by eircom one from Perlico. Both show as failing on the line tester.

In the first instance with eircom an eircom engineer visited to fix a fault, got into a discussion about the cost of dial up charges on the bill and recommended BB. Occupier said OK and engeineer went off. Two weeks later BB modem arrives and is working.

Second instance a house owner rang Perlico looking for BB. This house also shows as failing. Perlico said no problem, forms signed, modem sent out and all is working.

So I rang BTIreland (Our current voice provider) and asked for BB. Your line fails no go.

So rang perlico, but line shows as failed. Explained that neighbour was getting perlico so bloke put me on hold to check, if neighbour can get it then should be able to give it to me as well apparently.

Alas no BB.

Now things start to get a bit weird. Another neighbour rang perlico looking for BB and was told that their line failed but not to worry getting a new line run into the house would fix that. How much asked the neighbour. Nothing was the reply, its a free service by eircom!

All these houses are in the one estate, operate off the same green box (a MUX I assume) and are within 50 to 100 feet of each other.

Anybody got an idea of what is going on? What perlico are smoking?

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I'm very surprised that anyone in Clonard can get DSL, as I would have thought it was outside the range.
    So rang perlico, but line shows as failed. Explained that neighbour was getting perlico so bloke put me on hold to check, if neighbour can get it then should be able to give it to me as well apparently.
    Did perlico confirm that your neighbour has it, did they retest that person's line while you were talking to them to see what the line checker said?

Could you get the contact person in Perlico that your neighbour was talking to in oder to see if they could get you set up too?

'Tis a strange one alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

I'm very surprised that anyone in Clonard can get DSL, as I would have thought it was outside the range.

Me too.
    Did perlico confirm that your neighbour has it, did they retest that person's line while you were talking to them to see what the line checker said?

No they didn't but I didn't have the number to hand, waiting on that at the moment.

Could you get the contact person in Perlico that your neighbour was talking to in oder to see if they could get you set up too

That's the next step, am waiting for the person to contact me for several bits of information.
    Their phone number, the bb package they are on, some speed tests, the reference number of their order, the person they spoke too etc etc.

John

Advertisement